• Yes

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 184 92.0%

• Total voters

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I love the fact that we are playing the day after Christmas...I won't be tempted to rush out and return the ill fitting sweater I always get from Aunt Ruth and spend the $10 Chic Fil A gift card I always get from my MIL. Now I have a reason to stay at home on my couch, eat leftovers and drink myself blind while waiting for toe meets leather against the Golden Gizzards.

Fans that say "This bowl sucks, I'm not going"...well, you're part of the reason why we always find ourselves in crap bowls. GT doesn't travel well. On top of that, we're 7-5 and came off a trouncing by UGA. CPJ is retiring...no one outside of GT and our fans and potential coaching hires cares. The irony is, some are making a big deal that CPJ is retiring, YET still refuse to go. If you don't see how silly that is...well, that's why we're going to Detroit.

I'll be there, and I'm taking family that lives in Michigan. Put your money where your mouth is or shut up about being "disrespected".
The date is the biggest problem. I MIGHT consider going if it were the 28th or 29th, but the day after Christmas? No way.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I love the fact that we are playing the day after Christmas...I won't be tempted to rush out and return the ill fitting sweater I always get from Aunt Ruth and spend the $10 Chic Fil A gift card I always get from my MIL. Now I have a reason to stay at home on my couch, eat leftovers and drink myself blind while waiting for toe meets leather against the Golden Gizzards.
GT will blow up the Gophers

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The only upside is that we might get a lot of exposure in the region. And since we know that we have to expand our recruiting nationally, I can only see this helping when the the new Big Kahuna takes over the whistle. Not so great for the fans. But big picture this could be very good for us. Of course we had better have named the new guy by kickoff to maximize the publicity.

If something like this is what is relied upon to help recruiting, then our recruiting is so far in the tank little will help.

This is not like osu or OU playing in the Benz in CFP.

This is one of the great recruiting myths.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
Was prepared to travel to Camping, Belk, Music, Birmingham, Military, Sun, Pinstripe. Guess I'll just donate the ticket $$$ straight to the school. Really wanted to cheer for CPJ last game and the players who fought with their backs against the wall and turned the season around.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good news is that Detroit is a short 10 hour drive from St. Paul, Minnesota and an 11 hour drive from Atlanta. Lololol. There might be 500 fans in attendance the day after Christmas.

I'll be in St Paul for XMas, but on the 26th will be dog sledding. The football Gods were looking out for me.

UMinn - don't know that they are fired up either. Anyone checking their blogs?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Unless we stick with CNW or an option head coach, will the extra practice really mean much? Sure for fundamentals but scheme? What is our payout for the bowl? Above any split with the ACC?

Edit: Most recent payout was $750,000.
Expenses? Share with ACC?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_bowl_games

Reward for players is only reason to do this plus visibility in Midwest for new coach.

Fundamental practice is fundamental practice.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Evidence?

If we did leave we would be much better off in B12.
I doubt anyone has hard evidence. There was a lot of smoke though in those years (even if we couldn’t see the fire).

GT makes much more sense academically in the B1G than Maryland and Rutgers. I don’t know how our volleyball and baseball teams would afford playing in Minnesota though, so that might have played into it. I was personally hoping the B1G was going to get ND and GT as a package deal during conference expansion.