Will you travel to the Quick Crapper Bowl

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 184 92.0%

• Total voters

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Fans that say "This bowl sucks, I'm not going"...well, you're part of the reason why we always find ourselves in crap bowls. GT doesn't travel well. On top of that, we're 7-5 and came off a trouncing by UGA. CPJ is retiring...no one outside of GT and our fans and potential coaching hires cares. The irony is, some are making a big deal that CPJ is retiring, YET still refuse to go. If you don't see how silly that is...well, that's why we're going to Detroit.

I'll be there, and I'm taking family that lives in Michigan. Put your money where your mouth is or shut up about being "disrespected".

That’s not true. My entire family just got back from Kansas for Thanksgiving, My wife and I have a trip planned for Ireland in May. We were prepared to spend to drive to the Belk or Music City Bowls, driving to Detroit is out and I wouldn’t even consider buying 4 plane tickets, food, hotel room and game tickets. Tech/ACC whoever can’t send a team 1500 miles away and then people say it’s because of attendance issues, makes no sense

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That’s not true. My entire family just got back from Kansas for Thanksgiving, My wife and I have a trip planned for Ireland in May. We were prepared to spend to drive to the Belk or Music City Bowls, driving to Detroit is out and I wouldn’t even consider buying 4 plane tickets, food, hotel room and game tickets. Tech/ACC whoever can’t send a team 1500 miles away and then people say it’s because of attendance issues, makes no sense

Wait...aren't all GT grads millionaires and living baller lifestyles? Isn't that what we like to sell recruits and tell ourselves. I'm joking of course...if you read further down, I clarified that each fan has different circumstance.

My point is, IF you can go, but you choose not to because it's Detroit, then you're part of the problem.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Detroit is only 65 miles further away from Atlanta than Miami. No one complained about the distance for the orange Bowl. I get the arguments re: day after Christmas but the distance shouldn’t be a big deal.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Obviously each individual has different circumstances. I'm just saying we can't be full of fans who say one thing and does another and expect to be treated differently. If GT wants to be picked for better bowls, we need to make our presence known. Yes, the date sucks, but like CPJ likes to say all the time...it is what it is...

Where did I say one thing and do another? I travel from Nashville to every home game, I was in Jacksonville in 2016, was at the ACCCG and OB in 2014. That's just the recent games. I would LOVE to be at a reasonable bowl game this year, Quick Lane on the 26th of December ain't reasonable.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Where did I say one thing and do another? I travel from Nashville to every home game, I was in Jacksonville in 2016, was at the ACCCG and OB in 2014. That's just the recent games. I would LOVE to be at a reasonable bowl game this year, Quick Lane on the 26th of December ain't reasonable.

Sorry, OJF, wasn't directing that specifically to you...even though I did reply to your post. I was just speaking in general about some fans who CAN go but choose not because they don't like where the bowl is.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Wait...aren't all GT grads millionaires and living baller lifestyles? Isn't that what we like to sell recruits and tell ourselves. I'm joking of course...if you read further down, I clarified that each fan has different circumstance.

My point is, IF you can go, but you choose not to because it's Detroit, then you're part of the problem.

Ok so, w/o going back and looking at the poll, a fourth of us are sidewalk fans, we arent rich. If Tech and the ACC want to improve their following at least put us in a bowl Game that is inside a state that the ACC has a school in ! Jesus Christ this is a joke. They replaced the Emerald Bowl with Detroit ? And people are defending it.

Not trying to fight you guys, but I thought I was going to a bowl game - guess not. I rarely get this pissed at sports but I completely agree with those who say F The ACC, complete disrespect for not only the players and Coach Johnson but it’s a big screw you to all of the fans