• 'Ville by 7-13

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • 'Ville by 14+

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Until I see us win a game on the road against an ACC level opponent I'll take Louisville. I watched the FSU game. Their QB can throw the ball pretty well and run the ball fairly well when needed. I expect a shootout. Hopefully we pull it out. I've yet to see our starters put up a ton of points on a decent team. Oliver scored 21 of our points in the USF game, so other than beating some bad teams our offense hasn't looked great this year. I hope this game turns the tides, but until I see it I'll say Louisville 38-31.

+1

I could cherry pick some reasons to hope, or justify why we're not as bad as we've looked. But occam's razor says we probably are what we appear to be. Would love to be proven wrong.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I predict a track meet that has a few tackles on defense thrown in for fun. Lots of points. Louisville in a wild and wooly game. They have a strong armed quarterback who is mobile and tall, fast wide receivers which is usually a bad sign for us. Of course, Bowling Green had a gun slinger at quarterback and some fine receivers too. Difference will be pressure. Can we get pressure on him and get a minimum of one stop or three and out in each half? If we do that, I think we win but I just do not like the matchup. I can' t see them stopping us on the ground consistently. Combined both teams will have over 75 points. Call it 45 to 41 Cards. We will see. Could easily go the other way Jackets.

One thing that no one has mentioned is that FSU only gave up 3 points in the second half of their game with Louisville. Now granted, that included one drop of a pass that probably would have gone the distance for a touchdown but the important point is that in the second half they started hitting the Cards' quarterback consistently and he began to unload that ball just a bit faster. I would hate to have our young DBs on an island against their tall, fast receivers but if it were me I would bring the house and hit that guy from the get go. They are not like Bowling Green in throwing little smoke routes, bubble screens, and the like they like to hit deep crossing routes over the middle, skinny posts, and deep fades. They go for the jugular. Sometimes it works...and sometimes it don't.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
One thing that no one has mentioned is that FSU only gave up 3 points in the second half of their game with Louisville. Now granted, that included one drop of a pass that probably would have gone the distance for a touchdown but the important point is that in the second half they started hitting the Cards' quarterback consistently and he began to unload that ball just a bit faster. I would hate to have our young DBs on an island against their tall, fast receivers but if it were me I would bring the house and hit that guy from the get go. They are not like Bowling Green in throwing little smoke routes, bubble screens, and the like they like to hit deep crossing routes over the middle, skinny posts, and deep fades. They go for the jugular. Sometimes it works...and sometimes it don't.

Bowling Green, South Florida, and Clemson all have more passing yards for the season than Louisville. I’m thinking our D does better than expected in this game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cf...year_min=2018&year_max=2018&order_by=pass_yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We could win but things would need to change--
so 31-34. because
-an AWAY game--until we prove we can win away,we can't
-Friday nite--short week and the mood is crazy
-can TM lead a winning drive, can the Def STOP a winning drive, can our FG kicker hit a winner outside 35 yds? doubtful on all counts

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Bowling Green, South Florida, and Clemson all have more passing yards for the season than Louisville. I’m thinking our D does better than expected in this game.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cf...year_min=2018&year_max=2018&order_by=pass_yds

Well, LOLvl has played Bama and used their running game QB for most of the WKU game.

That being said, all those teams have much better passers than Pass based on PR. So depending on sos your point may hold.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Could be. I am sure that the current Louisville quarterback whose name escapes me is talented but you don't lose a Heisman Trophy winner like Jackson and not have it affect your team. Seems they lost quite a few players from last y ear's team as well. Unlike some on this site, I respect Coach Petrino for his acumen in the passing game but there is nothing else about the man that is remotely attractive. Louisville has a way of attracting that sort in both coaches and players. They sure do have a lot of fans. So it shapes up to be an interesting match up old school triple option flexbone vs hurry up air raid.

Jmonty71

Banned
GT seems to just not do well on the road. But, at some point, we have to get off the snide, right? I just don't think it's tonight. We are still too turnover prone. I think we lose, due to turnovers. L'Ville 38 - GT 34. I think we run the ball well, but L'ville should pass the ball easily on us, as well. If we don't conduct any turnovers, I think we will win 41-31. But, again.... we've been too sloppy with the ball.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I think we are coming in focused and improving on both O and D. We have a guy who has some confidence in PATs and FGs, a punter who has refound his leg, and kickoff coverage with old heads again. I think we win by two scores as well, but that we see the return of death marches in the second half. 35-21.