Votes: 7 6.7%
  • 'Ville by 14+

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It's a road game.

What's been consistent during this road losing streak? Thursday prediction threads.

So let's get this going immediately for Friday night's tilt.

Poll included.

I predict a track meet that has a few tackles on defense thrown in for fun. Lots of points. Louisville in a wild and wooly game. They have a strong armed quarterback who is mobile and tall, fast wide receivers which is usually a bad sign for us. Of course, Bowling Green had a gun slinger at quarterback and some fine receivers too. Difference will be pressure. Can we get pressure on him and get a minimum of one stop or three and out in each half? If we do that, I think we win but I just do not like the matchup. I can' t see them stopping us on the ground consistently. Combined both teams will have over 75 points. Call it 45 to 41 Cards. We will see. Could easily go the other way Jackets.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
'Ville, 44-35. They score late to put it away. We make too many errors to hold on and win. (Tell me if you have heard this one before....)

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I WANT to think our D is getting it together, but playing in open space has not been a strength for a while. I fear that their shaky OL prompts the QB to run a lot and they will sustain drives that way. Our O should be pretty effective. Unless BVG has become a lot smarter than he used to be, I like the matchup against CPJ. Predicting a shootout with UL kicking a FG late to win 38-35. I hope my vibes are off , and the Jackets do the late FG to win.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Until I see us win a game on the road against an ACC level opponent I'll take Louisville. I watched the FSU game. Their QB can throw the ball pretty well and run the ball fairly well when needed. I expect a shootout. Hopefully we pull it out. I've yet to see our starters put up a ton of points on a decent team. Oliver scored 21 of our points in the USF game, so other than beating some bad teams our offense hasn't looked great this year. I hope this game turns the tides, but until I see it I'll say Louisville 38-31.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Until I see us win a game on the road against an ACC level opponent I'll take Louisville. I watched the FSU game. Their QB can throw the ball pretty well and run the ball fairly well when needed. I expect a shootout. Hopefully we pull it out. I've yet to see our starters put up a ton of points on a decent team. Oliver scored 21 of our points in the USF game, so other than beating some bad teams our offense hasn't looked great this year. I hope this game turns the tides, but until I see it I'll say Louisville 38-31.
Kind of feeling the same way......

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck

Lots to unpack here. Your feeling about the road losing streak is valid for whatever witchcraft curse reasons. However their QB Juwan Pass has a rather ineffective stat line: 62-120-760 (51%) 4 TDs, 7 INTs, and 29 rushes for -6 yards (12 sacks). Yeah he’s gonna scramble for some first downs but we can count on him throwing a couple picks too. Basically he’s the worst of the 5 non-Alcorn St opposing QBs so far.

You can’t dismiss Oliver’s USF production as if he did it all by himself. We know that isn’t how it works. The rest of the starters were in there opening those big holes.

Also GT put up 602 freakin yards on USF, had a strong 2nd half vs Pitt, and even moved the ball against Clemson too when they weren’t fumbling 8(!) times. Meanwhile Louisville hasn’t shown any indications they’ll be able to stop us.

Lastly, Woody’s new defense has already forced more turnovers than all of last year, while Louisville has only 4.

I hear you about the road woes, but all signs point to Tech starting a new road streak Friday night.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
ULs OL is garbage. I think our D gets enough pressure to force a few turnovers and a couple of sacks, but loses contain a few times for big UL gains. I don't think their D stops us at all. If we can limit our own turnovers, we should win this one going away.
From what I saw last weekend, with BG throwing the intermediate, middle of the field, two step drop all day on us and Louisville doing the same thing to FSU, I dont think we will be able to apply much pressure to their QB on most of his attempts. I think we will have to change our strategy and actually try and cover the short to intermediate routes (instead of just defend the after the catch) and maybe jump one or two of those routes like FSU did on the pick that won the game for them.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully we defend the two-step drop and underneath pass better than we have.
Stating the obvious, this is a big game if we are to turn it around this season.
Putting on my gold-colored glasses ... we win the turnover battle and our "D" rises to the occasion, GT 42 UL 24
We break the road jinx and set our eye's on Duke !!!