• 'Ville by 14+

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's a road game.

What's been consistent during this road losing streak? Thursday prediction threads.

So let's get this going immediately for Friday night's tilt.

Poll included.

L'Ville wins a close one. They have the talent and the home field. Petrino won't gift wrap a surrender cobra by passing on first down with the lead and 2 minutes to go. (CPJ won't go for it on 4th on the 20 in the first quarter either.)

But it doesn't look like rain is likely which is not negative. https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ky/louisville?cm_ven=localwx_10day

Until we win on the road, we won't have won on the road in over a year.

Hope I'm wrong. I was wrong about us beating Pitt and USF. Been right about the other 3 which were no-brainers. This one is close; whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

Atomic has us winning 32-28. I'll take us losing 32-30.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
35-31 GT.

Break the streak. I just hope to keep seeing improvement each week. We looked so sloppy the first 4 games and didn’t seem to be improving much week to week. Hopefully last week started a good trend.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s says here CPJ is 14-1 over the ACC rotating cross-divisional opponents. Look for that domination to continue vs a Louisville team who can’t stop the run and has a QB who throws picks.
GT 44 Louisville 17

Btw in case you haven’t noticed, this year’s team is snagging interceptions (unlike last year) and always cashing them in for points.

Last edited:

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
pretty sure Louisville is terrible but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a close win regardless. Haven't seen a game that ended in a one-score win since UGA in 2016. IMO, It would be a huge confidence booster if they could pull away with a one score game even if Louisville is bad

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
pretty sure Louisville is terrible but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a close win regardless. Haven't seen a game that ended in a one-score win since UGA in 2016. IMO, It would be a huge confidence booster if they could pull away with a one score game even if Louisville is bad

Nobody remembers last year we were down to Wake 10-21 before pulling away to a 38-24 Homecoming win.

But to your point, if Miami had not made that miracle 4th down catch and if we could’ve stopped Virginia one time to pull out those wins, I can’t help but imagine the team would’ve had way more confidence for the Duke game.

Last edited:

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Nobody remembers last year we were down to Wake 10-21 before pulling away to a 38-24 Homecoming win.

But to your point, if Miami had not made that miracle 4th down catch and if we could’ve stopped Virginia one time to pull out those wins, I can’t help but imagine the team would’ve had way more confidence for the Duke game.

The duke game felt a lot like that middle Tennessee game where the figured out our signals I did notoce that we uaed a different defensive signal system for the uga game after

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The duke game felt a lot like that middle Tennessee game where the figured out our signals I did notoce that we uaed a different defensive signal system for the uga game after
Fascinating. I will start watching the coaches. We sit near them on the west sideline. Last week it looked like Andy Mc was very active . .
What is the order the defense is determined. (Assume via head phones) . The signaling by whom - renember seeing DC make signals ,but it seemed like more of an emphasis signal. Saw Andy signal to lb. ?? How are they done?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Fascinating. I will start watching the coaches. We sit near them on the west sideline. Last week it looked like Andy Mc was very active . .
What is the order the defense is determined. (Assume via head phones) . The signaling by whom - renember seeing DC make signals ,but it seemed like more of an emphasis signal. Saw Andy signal to lb. ?? How are they done?

We probably vary it a bit i know that woody signals so does Andy and the secondary coach they probably let the players know who is live for that drive. Roof being in the box probably meant they had one less sig aller last year