Article Georgia Tech vs Grambling State

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Bummer. Things couldn't have gone worse. I worry about the Tennessee game. Didn't expect this from a Pastner team.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This was a far worse loss than Hewitt @ Kennesaw and CBG vs. USC Upstate.

CJP decreased our margin for error, imo, today. We are faster, bigger and more athletic. It really shouldn't have mattered what lineup we used, but we let Grambling St. dictate a game to us. That is embarrassing in and of itself.

I was clamoring for a press and we hardly saw it. The closest we came to a man or trapping press led to 2 turnovers. The slow play 2-2-1 thing we saw after was a sagging D that is typically used to make the other team burn clock.

We snuck into the NIT last year as one of the last teams in. Even prior to tonight, we were not playing as well as last year. Hopefully JO reignites us when we returns, but our RPI won't care that he was missing.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Inexcusable. Unacceptable. Effortless for 35 minutes. Free Throws were awful. Lammers was terrible. He should have sat this game to heal the ankle. Only bright spot was Jose.

Scary to think how bad the defense would be with no Lammers. Only way they stopped Grambling in second half was when he blocked them.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I really don't know how to be excited for this year anymore. Was expecting to possibly be a borderline tournament team (or at least not out of the tournament until sometime in February). Now we're essentially eliminated a month before conference play.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah that’s a resume killer for sure. Seems like we forgot how Tuesday ended on that last attempt. Not sure why he didn’t pass once, but I guess it was because he was freaking on fire. Ugh...

Gotta win a couple huge games now.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah that’s a resume killer for sure. Seems like we forgot how Tuesday ended on that last attempt. Not sure why he didn’t pass once, but I guess it was because he was freaking on fire. Ugh...

Gotta win a couple huge games now.
I think we had two fewer seconds tonight. Maybe that was why. Who knows?

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
I really don't know how to be excited for this year anymore. Was expecting to possibly be a borderline tournament team (or at least not out of the tournament until sometime in February). Now we're essentially eliminated a month before conference play.

This one loss doesn't eliminate them but it's more telling they aren't very good without Okogie. Beating BCookman by 3 was telling also. Also Northwestern is looking awful at home vs Illinois

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
If it helps with expectations... imo... We haven't played like a tournament team yet. We have played poor competition and squeaked by maybe a bubble team in the B1G/ACC challenge at home. Maybe we will be much improved when JO returns, but we would have to make extreme strides to make the NCAA tournament. We barely made the NIT last year and were a better team by the end than what we've shown so far this year. A long way to go to even start having that conversation.