Article Georgia Tech vs Grambling State

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It was absolutely a terrible loss on a fluke play to a team that turned around and took care of business in their conference.

We lost, but we lost to a team that plays hard to win. You can't always say that about the non-con schedule.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
They're better than I thought they'd be, but still the worst loss I've ever seen GT take?

2011 Kennesaw State. 8-23. KenPom 317 at the end of the year. Fired their coach. Beat GT.

It was on the road but the trip is shorter than our "home" games early in the year the next season. No one would consider it a difficult environment.

2018 Grambling State. 17-14. KenPom 296 currently.

I'd go with the Kennesaw State loss as the worst I have ever seen. I wasn't around for the Morrison losses that are probably even worse.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
It was absolutely a terrible loss on a fluke play to a team that turned around and took care of business in their conference.

We lost, but we lost to a team that plays hard to win. You can't always say that about the non-con schedule.

IIRC, Grambling started the game shooting poorly but they were on fire for the last 25 minutes or so.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
2011 Kennesaw State. 8-23. KenPom 317 at the end of the year. Fired their coach. Beat GT.

It was on the road but the trip is shorter than our "home" games early in the year the next season. No one would consider it a difficult environment.

2018 Grambling State. 17-14. KenPom 296 currently.

I'd go with the Kennesaw State loss as the worst I have ever seen. I wasn't around for the Morrison losses that are probably even worse.

I don't think Ken Pom tracks NAIA schools - especially back in the 70's so it is hard to make head to head comparisons but I expect it isn't hard to find a few worse losses back then.

Kind of like arguing over who has an uglier girlfriend :cry::bag: