Article Georgia Tech vs FAMU

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
We actually were on ESPN2 yesterday afternoon and I found it by accident.
First game I watched this year ... considering the competition we looked pretty good.
Wondering how missing Josh affected some of those early losses ... big game tomorrow !!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
J Mo can hardly get ball up court. Cole looks like hes in slow motion...Okogie is still a beast. We are good team when we have right people on court....and not so much when we have bunch of others on court. Our best 5 is pretty clear to me with Jose, Wade, Tad, Curtis, Ben getting majority of minutes while Moses earning more minutes as he keeps getting better throughout season and AD getting a couple while Ben takes a breather.

Yeah, we aren't along far enough in the recruiting process to be able to absorb having our best player missing and not miss several beats.

Next year we'll be closer to that point. That's why, the Labarrie situation notwithstanding, I won't get down on CPast if we lose more games this season.

Cole should've probably redshirted but I get why he didn't. I have a feeling, when he's a sr, we'll all be like "Dang, I wish we had another year of him." Definitely a developmental guy.

Moses probably won't come down from the mountaintop for another year or so. But, when he does, he gon' be bringing all 10 commandments on these fools.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Well I really liked our aggressiveness yesterday. Okogie certainly adds that. And while I agree that Moses didn't show any enormous skill or understanding, he was very active and it paid off big. Cole was similarly active but doesn't really have the same level of body control. Overall, body control is really lacking in this team. We need an OT to come and develop a routine for us. Lots of wildness.

Okogie was definitely not 100%, but damn was he impressive. He really was a good secondary ball handler, leader in getting others to be aggressive, but his shot was also very pretty. A full strength Okogie that is also a good shooter is an NBA prospect for sure.

Deleted member 2897

Stat to track: We are 1-0 with our full roster. Also of note was that the margin of victory is nearly double our second highest of the season.

Also, it sure seems to me 2 things upon a short view:
1) CJP is starting to figure out better what each players strengths and weaknesses are.
2) Our players are starting to realize that as well.
...and in both cases we seem to be doing a better job playing to and way from those.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Stat to track: We are 1-0 with our full roster. Also of note was that the margin of victory is nearly double our second highest of the season.

Also, it sure seems to me 2 things upon a short view:
1) CJP is starting to figure out better what each players strengths and weaknesses are.
2) Our players are starting to realize that as well.
...and in both cases we seem to be doing a better job playing to and way from those.

Technically we still don't have a game with our full roster.
Haywood (shin) and Ogbonda (ankle) were both unavailable yesterday.
Also, Tadric sat out the second half with an ankle injury.

This team is still a ways from being truly healthy. Both Lammers and Okogie are playing but are probably not 100%. Tad is not 100% either.

I do think what we will see after everyone is available and relatively healthy is a rotation that has
Lammers, AD And Moses taking most of the post min with us using Josh there when we go small ball.
Jose, Josh, Tad, Haywood get the majority of the perimeter min with Moore and Alston getting smaller amounts as needed. (I could see Moore getting a consistent 8 mpg as a backup to Jose).

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
This is random but I put a live bet on us yesterday and got it at -25.5...... it was looking really good and than literally everything that had to go wrong went wrong at end of game....probably worst/unluckiest bet I have ever lost....wasnt even mad all I could do was laugh...unbelievable. Until i took a live bet on Steelers last night and got them at +140. I ordered food and was about to go pick it up at end of game when Patriots score to take lead and than I see the Steelers have the big play and than score on next play....right when I saw Steelers score i went to pick up food bc game was over haha joke on me...i get to restaurant to pick up food and see on tv Belichek and D coordinator like hugging....and i had no idea what happened I was like NO F*****G WAY!!!!!!

Deleted member 2897

This is random but I put a live bet on us yesterday and got it at -25.5...... it was looking really good and than literally everything that had to go wrong went wrong at end of game....probably worst/unluckiest bet I have ever lost....wasnt even mad all I could do was laugh...unbelievable. Until i took a live bet on Steelers last night and got them at +140. I ordered food and was about to go pick it up at end of game when Patriots score to take lead and than I see the Steelers have the big play and than score on next play....right when I saw Steelers score i went to pick up food bc game was over haha joke on me...i get to restaurant to pick up food and see on tv Belichek and D coordinator like hugging....and i had no idea what happened I was like NO F*****G WAY!!!!!!

Just to be clear, you realize all of this only happened because you bet on it and you're a Tech fan right? :cigar:

My son is a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, who have blown several big leads this year. I told him he is destined to go to Tech when he gets older, because he will be so well conditioned to sports suffering.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Same thing with my fantasy team when I had a 40 point lead with Russell Wilson left and going against Todd Gurley, Dion Lewis, and the Rams defense. Maybe non-TD catching Julio can catch a TD and save me tonight. I also blamed all this on being a Tech fan.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Just to be clear, you realize all of this only happened because you bet on it and you're a Tech fan right? :cigar:

My son is a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, who have blown several big leads this year. I told him he is destined to go to Tech when he gets older, because he will be so well conditioned to sports suffering.
How I didnt cover the Tech bet literally blew my mind. The whole time i was doing the math in my head and was sitting super pretty and than right when we threw the ball away at the end with 4.5 seconds and it went out of bounds I was like 100% they are going to hit a 3 and I am going to lose... really all that had to happen besides it being like a .001% chance is just amazing lol

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Even when they were coming back we were up like 36ish with a couple minutes left..just amazing. I wanted them to foul on the last possession so bad haha when the guy hit the 3 at the end(nothing but net) i new if i took other team with the +25.5 first off that comeback never would of happened but that wide open 3 at end would of been airball haha. But he had wide open look my stomach sunk and when it splashed in I might of had mini heart attack

alagold

Helluva Engineer
First--Famu is a bad team but we needed a blow-out.
It is concerning that we have had so many injuries.This is not a deep team and playing hurt(or not at all) is a killer.Big Ben was definitely either holding back or hurt.Tad gets hurt when he finally hits 2 3-pters in a row.Curtis ishurt but needs to play to get better.
JO is a still a beast.Very rusty but he looks like a giant bird (of prey) out there.A 7 fter wingspan covers the court.I love that sweet FT shot.
Moses, Moses, Moses---like in a p-up game.The word for him is ACTIVE. It will interesting to see when is the next time he scores 19 pts.but-The difference between him and Cole in athletic ability is huge.
Jose is suddenly very valuable even with poor shooting.(unfortunately)Without him we are almost at D-2 level at PG.
Welcome back Josh,without you (and more playing time by their top scorer) ,this may have been another "interesting" game.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Good synopsis. Well, decent synopsis. :D

Agree on J-Mo. He and Alston are practice bodies IMHO so I look for them to move down the depth chart (assuming Alston comes back next year).

One thing about Cole is he is a sneaky mean player. Lil' dirty even. I likes. Clearly didn't learn that from squeaky-clean @ChasonBaller
Haha! The reason he got playing time as a freshman was when I got T'd up...unfair of course (y)