Article Georgia Tech vs FAMU

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
[figure="align: left"]
Lammers-Wofford-1-300x206.jpeg
[figcap]Tech coaches, players and fans hope to see a 100% healthy Ben Lammers on Sunday (photo credit to ramblinwreck.com)[/figcap][/figure]Coming off a well-needed break for finals and healing nagging injuries, the Yellow Jackets are set to take on Florida A&M University on Sunday afternoon at McCamish Pavilion. The Florida A&M Rattlers better known as FAMU are 1-12 this season with their lone win over Albany State.

The leader of FAMU is Coach Robert McCullum. McCullum is in his first season, after spending the previous 3 years as an assistant coach for the Oregon Ducks. He knows that he has a rebuild on his hands and is focusing on changing the culture for the Rattlers.

The Rattlers tend to depend on three main players to succeed, starting with 7-footer #34, Isaiah Martin. He is a long lanky big man who does his job: rebound and try to affect shots at the rim. Another key player for FAMU is a 6’6” senior wing #0, Desmond Williams. Williams is just that solid upperclassmen that can do a lot for a team but doesn’t excel in any aspect. He is a player that McCullum can trust and will be on the floor for most of the game. For scoring, FAMU turns to senior guard #22, Marcus Barham. He is the shooter of the group and can score in bunches. In his last game against Stephen F. Austin he made 5 out of 7 threes while putting up 26 total points.

Prediction: Georgia Tech SHOULD dominate this game and win by double digits. I will be looking to see if Ben Lammers looks healthier and gets back to attacking the boards and blocks like we are used to seeing. I want to see Curtis Haywood II take more shots and be more assertive. He is arguably the best three-point shooter on the team and just needs to trust his skills and trust Coach Pastner that he will not be pulled for shooting the open shot. I imagine another solid game for Jose Alvarado as he can continue to grow as our point guard of the future and present. This game is set up for AD to have a huge game, but I have feeling Moses Wright takes advantage of the open 15 footers when the Rattlers sag off to help with Lammers. Speaking of AD, I want to see Gueye more assertive around the basket, and be on the perimeter about 0.0% of the time. He is a nice rebounder and enforcer around the rim, but does us no good when he drifts out to the three-point line. Lastly, it will be interesting to see if Josh Okogie dresses and warms up with the team due to Pastner’s comments on his conditioning levels. Personally, I think it would be a good morale booster for Okogie to dress and get that game feel again even though he technically is not playing yet. Deep down I had a weird feeling about the Grambling game, but they have way more talent than FAMU. Tech by 15.

Here’s to not playing Fletcher “Steph” Magee.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
For today's game I would love to see that rotation as well.
Given Haywood's absence not sure we will have the opportunity to play JO at the 4 in advance of UGA but if we can with Alston at the 3 that would be interesting as well.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would love for us to play Moses & Evan at the F spot all game and let AD get his minutes resting Lammers a bit.

I don't think that's how it'll go, but I'd love for us to do that.

Welp. I was wrong. We got exactly what I wanted. Wright started with Cole backing him up. Lammers backed up by AD.

Good day to be wrong.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'm at the game. Great to see Josh back on the court. He and Tadric light-years ahead of anyone from FAMU
Caveat: FAMU would struggle to beat most AAA HS teams. They are epicly bad.
Moses has great stats but it's all layups and dunks, most on fast breaks and put backs. Promising to see but not the stiffest competition
Evan has looked awful. disappointed he didn't take advantage of the oppty
Jose steady not spectacular, which is great

Josh O really makes them team a lot better. I hate to say this but not having Tad and having Josh today showed me that Tad can be missed and this team not miss a beat maybe even look better. Tad has turned into a black hole. He constantly has to be prodded to play defense or do what coach ask. We had better ball movement with Tad on the bench and Josh on the court. Defense looked better with Tad sitting. I know FAMU is not much competition, but the ball moved fast and to the right person today.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It became painfully obvious to me today that the main 5 this year needs to be Josh O, Lammers, Wright, Alvarado, and Tad. CGB, Geuye, and Alston need to get the majority of the minutes off the bench with Cole and Moore playing sparingly and really just providing a minute or two of rest.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It became painfully obvious to me today that the main 5 this year needs to be Josh O, Lammers, Wright, Alvarado, and Tad. CGB, Geuye, and Alston need to get the majority of the minutes off the bench with Cole and Moore playing sparingly and really just providing a minute or two of rest.

Now that Okogie and Jackson are back I can't see Alston playing much.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Glad I was wright (see what I did there..dad jokes for the win) on Moses taking advantage of his opportunity today. Also, it was so awesome to see Josh Okogie back on the floor.

I thought AD played the amount he should have, and was in a position to succeed. Down on the block when Ben needs a break. I thought he did a good job.

Evan had a few nice blocks/lefty finish on a violent*CJP voice* cut. On his shooting, it seems like he is rushing his form a bit. In warmups when he was just letting it go, he went 4 for 5 from three. Like Haywood, you just got to trust it.

Also, sorry if it was already said, as I was at the game & might of missed it: what happened to Tadric in the 2nd half?

Good solid win against an inferior team and here's to CGB getting healthy in time to go against Wal-Mart's feeder team.