• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 21 11.3%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 132 71.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
41-14 Clem--too much talent for juice/hype to overcome. Even with this score, we will impress enuf for there to be hope for the future. Primary issue for this game is to not lose players for a month or worse.

Only way I see a 41-14 loss looking impressive at all is if we go into the 4th qtr up or tied before the wheels come off.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
It’s going to get ugly quick. 63-6 the bad guys. Their starters will play most of the game because they have back to back rank teams (AM and Q’s). They are going to get their guys lots of reps and they need to get in game shape.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It’s going to get ugly quick. 63-6 the bad guys. Their starters will play most of the game because they have back to back rank teams (AM and Q’s). They are going to get their guys lots of reps and they need to get in game shape.

I think it is very likely you will be pleasantly surprised by the game. 63-6 would put as at the level of the Citadel.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
They won their last 10 games last year by 20+ points including two playoff games. Even if they play bad, this isn’t going to be close. They are too talented. I’ll be optimistic and say we lose by 28.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I just don’t get why everyone is so down on the offense.

We have proven backs, big and in one case small WRs who aren’t slow at all, QBs who adapted to the 3O ( why couldn’t they adapt to a spread) and an OL which should be able to at least run block.

If anything we’ve switched to a simpler offense, not saying it’s easy but certainly easier than making reads in the 3O.

Now it may get stifled but it will be b/c it’s Clemson not b/c they lack talent

Jmonty71

Banned
As much as I hate to say this. 41-20. We score some garbage points, once the game is well in hand. Clemson puts a whipping on us. :(

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I would say that we’ll see, but with the ACC network fumbling its arrangements for broadcast coverage, apparently many of us will NOT see...

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
i changed my vote. from cu <14 to gt <7. i just have a good feeling about this game. its time to stop looking over our shoulder for that one play that costs us games. And so far our new staff is brimming with confidence. so am i.

-our strength plays to their strength receiving wise. im thinking we have the edge in the first game. their timing will be off. +gt
-their d line is said to be not as good as last year. and we have a decent ol. + cu
-punting. +gt
- field goals. our kicker has never missed. +gt
- special teams. we will be playing our best players on st. i dont think clemson will. +gt
- offense overall. we are an unknown. +cu
- defense overall. we are an unknown +cu

4 gt 3 clemson by the nearest of smidgens.

we are due a "run back block kick kind of win" and this is the perfect place for it to happen. we know what clemson is going to do. they have no clue what we are going to do. who they will line up against. or what this new coaching staff comes up with. i can see us trying lots of trick plays to put them on their heels.

24-21 gt on a 50 yard field goal for the win.

go jackets

Last edited:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
When you change your entire coaching staff, change your entire offensive scheme, the next thing to do is to travel to an away thursday night game with the defending national champs and #1 team in the nation.

We will not see a worse set of circumstances all year long. We have like a 1% chance of winning this game. I just hope to see the heart of the new team. Will they fight to the end?

Dabo never runs the score up on us.

45-10
Whatever analytics service ESPN uses gave us a 1% chance as of yesterday.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Our triple option of Johnson, Oliver, and Graham help keep this game relatively close, 38- 24.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk