• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 21 11.3%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 132 71.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a terrible and great way to start the season. The cards are definitely not in our favor but I'd much rather have this game in Week 1 than mid-season. We'll immediately see what needs to be improved and what is working for us - I'm not sure if that would be as apparent if we played a FCS or even another coastal team to start the season.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
I had a dream that we were hanging with them until the 3rd quarter, when Dabo did an on sides kick and they got back to back TDs.

c.l.e.m.s.o.......n? 41
good guys 17

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
It's not his fault, but I'm already tired of the Trevor Lawrence lovefest, plus I remember seeing a video of him pushing that kid in a intramural BBall game last year.
Sooooo, without any real basis for a prediction, I'm going with Trevor reading his press clippings, getting knocked around by our blitz packages and crapping his pants ...
A couple of int's and maybe a fumble keep the game closer than expected ... CU 35 GT 21

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m hoping since it’s first game of the season, there’s some rust from Clemson and a few turnovers to keep it close. But just don’t have enough fire power to keep up.

Clem 31 - tech 21

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
41-14 Clem--too much talent for juice/hype to overcome. Even with this score, we will impress enuf for there to be hope for the future. Primary issue for this game is to not lose players for a month or worse.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone know how much PT their front 4 on DL got last year behind the 4 that now play on Sunday?

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to think we could win, but I have visions of our QBs running for their lives on every pass and Lawrence standing in the pocket for 10 seconds. However, we will get better and every opponent is not Clemson ( thank God).

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Tech 34-20. I think this game sets up ad Clemson doesn’t know what to expect, the Tigers looking past the Jackets and Coach C having 6 mos to prepare.

The Engineers in an upset.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Clemson by four or more touchdowns. IIWII

From what I read I am convinced the primary deciding factor will be pressure on the quarterback. They will be able to pressure, hit, and sack our quarterback while Lawrence will casually go through his progressions and after five seconds or so throw to a wide open receiver time after time. The Florida - Miami game is illustrative of this point. Florida hit and sacked Miami's quarterback 10 or 11 times while Miami got to Florida's quarterback just a few times.

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
It's a terrible and great way to start the season. The cards are definitely not in our favor but I'd much rather have this game in Week 1 than mid-season. We'll immediately see what needs to be improved and what is working for us - I'm not sure if that would be as apparent if we played a FCS or even another coastal team to start the season.

I honestly have no idea what to expect. As long as we compete and make somewhat of a game out of it, I will be happy.

1st year with CGC and staff is a get out of jail free card for me