• Clemson by 7-13

Votes: 21 11.3%
  • Clemson by 14+

Votes: 132 71.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Clemson comfortably, say by 35-6. Hard to see us being much of an offensive threat with a new scheme, new players, new coaches all at the same time...

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Clemson 45-20. Our special teams will give us some opportunities to put some points up. Our defense will show flashes but get worn down without our offense consistently moving the ball.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
When you change your entire coaching staff, change your entire offensive scheme, the next thing to do is to travel to an away thursday night game with the defending national champs and #1 team in the nation.

We will not see a worse set of circumstances all year long. We have like a 1% chance of winning this game. I just hope to see the heart of the new team. Will they fight to the end?

Dabo never runs the score up on us.

45-10

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
I think due to a bit of complacency on CU's part, unknown offensive system and enthusiasm on our part, it'll be close into the 3rd quarter when CU wakes up and pulls away. 36-17

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Playing the best team in the nation the first game is kind of a double edged sword. We'll probably get beat down, but at least we'll know how far we need to go to get to their level. I'm going 42-17, with Lawrence getting pulled after their first score in the 3rd Quarter. I hope I'm dead wrong.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I can never pick against us, so I'll say we pull out a miracle 31-27 victory.

My head is almost certain that won't happen, but I agree with another poster and say that playing #1 right off the bat is actually a great thing. Nobody will expect a victory, and nobody will be calling for heads if we get beat down. Any signs of life will be seen as potential, and any big plays will make household names out of the playmakers.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson 45-10.

I don’t think they’ll be actively trying to run it up. I just think it will get really out of hand.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think we will rotate a lot of players to get game experience and evaluate who can really play. Not expected to win so will use this game for evaluation. We will have some advantage early since this is all new GT scheme but I expect them to control the LOS on both sides. I would be very surprised if Lawrence is still in there in 4th quarter.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My bold prediction. It's the 1st game of the year, there's no preseason in CFB.

Clemson has had a full off season of 'rat poison' adoration and their hanging their NC banner. I predict Clemson isn't fully focused and starts slow.

GT has issues, the transition is going to result in sloppiness and bone-headed mistakes at times. I also think we're going to come in with very high energy and excitement. We have the benefit of no expectations. We have nothing to lose and everything to prove.

First game of the season sloppiness on both sides. I predict it's close at the half. Tech is clearly outmatched, but some big effort plays, and maybe a turnover, let Tech make stay in the game early. After the half, Clemson wakes up and dominates. But plays it conservative, final score 31-20 Clemson.