Georgia Tech (PK) @ UNC

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm really looking forward to both those other games.

Thursday night .... gotta go for Pitt because I don't like VT. Good chance to see what they are about.
Saturday @1230 before our game ..... gotta go for UVa since Duke winning is a joke. After Cut's anti-GT remarks I hope that program goes back to the cellar. UVa has a tough road in it's last five after Duke ..... UNC, @GT, @FSU, Miami and @VT.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I'm really looking forward to both those other games.

Thursday night .... gotta go for Pitt because I don't like VT. Good chance to see what they are about.
Saturday @1230 before our game ..... gotta go for UVa since Duke winning is a joke. After Cut's anti-GT remarks I hope that program goes back to the cellar. UVa has a tough road in it's last five after Duke ..... UNC, @GT, @FSU, Miami and @VT.
for sure because VT needs two coastal losses.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Do you guys really think UNC can stop our offense?
It isn't our offense that I'm worried about.
We have showed in 3 games(wofford, ga southern, duke) that we don't play the zone read well. I'm actually pumped we don't play BC. I'm sure we can score with them, but can we get the stops?
We just have to finish drives. Duke ran the bend but don't break better than us last week. We have to get back in the positive on the turnover margin.
I'm not anymore worried about UNC than before. We just aren't talented enough to play bad and win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do you guys really think UNC can stop our offense?

No, but we can stop ourselves. Our D may have a tough time stopping them. Fortunately, UNCs FG kicking @ 62.5% is about as bad as ours at 60%.

Shootout at OK Corral.

The team needs to focus on UNC and leave the rest of the ACC games to us fans to fret over :)

Don't worry, I don't think I can suit up this weekend.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If you were UNC, would you have a shred of confidence going against us? Defensively they are a mess right now. They have been working so hard to get themselves straightened out on that side of the ball, focusing on VT and ND in recent weeks, that the Flexbone has been nowhere in their minds. If they haven't pulled themselves together or played with any cohesion against Vanilla offenses, do you really think they will be ready for us with just a few days to get ready?

I have been totally wrong so many times, but I really see this game sitting on a tee for our offense. If we get things rolling, it will probably turn into an avalanche. They just do not appear to believe in themselves on defense and their body language is terrible out there.

As always, anything can happen on a given day. We will probably have trouble limiting their points too, but at least we play with some semblance of cohesion on defense. If we just simply force UNC to earn everything, unlike the DUKE game, I really like our chances.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Love the optimism Boomer. I think the reason it's a pick-em is that no one really knows. Whoops update - on Monday morning the consensus is GT -2-1/2, so they hear you :D

If we win the turnover battle, we win. If we don't, we don't.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@nuke... I actually think we could still pull out a win over unc so long as not more than -2 in turnover column (dependent on when and where the t/o occurs). I'd rather be +2 though.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I myself am not too worried about UNC. They play well at home and at night especially. But guess what... So do we. No way that crappy D stops our O. Well have trouble dealing with their O though. We need to force multiple TOs to take a commanding comfortable lead

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Unc is feasting at our D tape. ND gave them confidence.

Yes their d is bad. So is ours. Basically equally bad when you look at everything we just limit possessions due to our O.

Imo vegas has this right and who knows. They could win by 20. So could we. It could be a shootout too.

This season is so much like 1999 on d i cringe to know its the same coordinator. The D looks the damn same too.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
The team needs to focus on UNC and leave the rest of the ACC games to us fans to fret over :)
Roger that........NC is complete mystery.....they have good athletes at skill positions.......meat on Dl and guy can throw but giving up 70 points is un heard of to me...we need to focus since this may be the day that NC comes out of their funk.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC is going all in with Marquise Williams, which bodes well for their offensive rhythm in my opinion BUT! If we are able to hold on to the ball and limit their possessions he's not a QB I fear. I think we can trust him to make a few mistakes with the ball and be a little inaccurate. Their running backs are leaving a lot to be desired, so I say we overplay the run and let them prove to us they can beat us through the air, which is what we should have done against Duke in my opinion.

Sidenote: This game being right after ND plays UNC is one reason I really wanted to beat Duke. We have a good showing against both Duke and UNC there's no reason to keep us so far down the polls. Ah well...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow, here are some Football Outsiders stats - comparing different phases of the game and adjusted for strength of opponents (F/+) http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feist

They have waited until this week so that there is enough data to be able to make better comparisons for this year's team. Most running stats consider that this year's team picks up where last year's left off.

GT STs 10th; UNC 111th. Wow UNC ST is where we can make up some ground.
GT D 77th; UNC 103rd. There is a D worse than ours (tic) and considering strength of opponent.
GT O 3rd; UNC 37th
GT overall 16th; UNC 76th

Again, wow. We are getting a lot of love from the raw cold stats at Football Outsiders. What had to really help is our lack of turnovers up to Duke and long death marches and D ints.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Unc is feasting at our D tape. ND gave them confidence.

Yes their d is bad. So is ours. Basically equally bad when you look at everything we just limit possessions due to our O.

Imo vegas has this right and who knows. They could win by 20. So could we. It could be a shootout too.

This season is so much like 1999 on d i cringe to know its the same coordinator. The D looks the damn same too.

UNC can't feel as confident with their inconsistencies no matter how bad our D is. Also, Fedora is one of the OCs I see who would rather do his own thing on O instead of playing a conservative, smash-mouth football like Duke did and attack our weakness in the middle of the D.