kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You should read the whole thing. I’m smarter than you 😉

Oh, ho you so funny peac ....

i will kill you jim GIF

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've seen several fonts say "NO!" to Kelsey, but I haven't seen specific reasons. Care to share? His resume looks like someone that succeed at GT.

In other news, if GT can't afford a $1 million buyout, we have bigger issues. I'm confident GT donors and Batt already figured that into the equation along with money for NIL and other systemic needs.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I've seen several fonts say "NO!" to Kelsey, but I haven't seen specific reasons. Care to share? His resume looks like someone that succeed at GT.

In other news, if GT can't afford a $1 million buyout, we have bigger issues. I'm confident GT donors and Batt already figured that into the equation along with money for NIL and other systemic needs.

The main complaint I’ve seen is he’s had soft landing spots at both stops. Regardless of how easy you think it is to win at Winthrop and Charleston, he still did win.

We are very much not a soft landing spot though, so folks may want a guy who has a history as a program builder.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck

I agree with your sentiment… what’s the beef with Kelsey? Some people have an issue with his weird stint at umass (I think). He apparently took the job and changed his mind on his first day and decided to go back to Winthrop (I think). Something like that. I personally don’t have a problem with that chain of events.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your sentiment… what’s the beef with Kelsey? Some people have an issue with his weird stint at umass (I think). He apparently took the job and changed his mind on his first day and decided to go back to Winthrop (I think). Something like that. I personally don’t have a problem with that chain of events.
Yeah I mean it really isn’t any different than what Cremins did to South Carolina.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I feel like prior to Batt & Cabrera we've had Bentley tastes on a Yugo budget. We axed coaches after hanging on way too long, thought we had up & comers or solid non-P5 coaches as possibilities lined up, but we found none of these guys wanted to coach at GT or they were using us for better contracts or contract extensions. None of the quality candidates wanted GT because Stansbury & Peterson were stooges, they weren't going to be supported and GT was going to kill their careers. We hired Johnson because he could win with us being bottom basement in $$. The other coaches we ended up had known major failings prior to being hired & the AD/Prez hoped somehow they turned the corner at GT with a new gig. Hope is not a strategy. That's a bad way of running our athletic programs.

For some reason I've got confidence we've actually got possible coaches in place this time with the $$ to close the deal. There will be competition, not taking the last man left standing. We'll see, but for the first time since Homer Rice prowled The Flats there's possitivity surrounding our programs. It starts at the top & for that I'm thanking Cabrera for his leadership and good judgment. I think he's rolling all 7's and his vision for the Institute is fantastic.

I can't wait to see what's ahead and for that this old man is grateful.

Go Jackets!