Georgia Tech Head Coach Hot List

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, I know all that. I just was wondering if there was anything specific beyond coaching performance/playing career for a GT fan to feel that negatively about Bobby Hurley (more than any other below average coach).
What else would there be? Don't think he's had any drama his entire career, except getting in a car crash and ending his nba career. He's been a HC for awhile now, and comes from a highly regarded coaching family. He was a bastard and I hated him when I was kid when he was at Duke. Anybody old enough to hate him as a player is old enough to not give a **** if he would bring us back to relevancy.

He did speak at a bball camp I went to. He was amazingly quick, and his ball skills were unbelievable.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Can he recruit? I cant believe we can’t get top players to come play basketball in Atlanta. Makes no sense.
That is where assistants come into play a lot of the time. Which is why I’d love to keep CJS. It won’t happen most likely but I think he is well liked and I think Kelsey can close.

At this point it is as equally important to be able to recruit the portal. Sell the vision to experienced players looking to win now.

Of course now you’re talking NIL money and assistant budgets and all that jazz. Could be a turn off for some of these coaches in the single A league that the NCAA has created

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I’m hearing Pat Kelsey from college of Charleston?

Weak

Kelsey checks about as many boxes as you could reasonably hope for.

He had sustained success at Winthrop (4 first place finishes the last 6 years there with the "down years" being 2nd and third place. Goes to Charleston and has them at 31-3 in year 2. So repeated success as well.

Prior to that he was an AHC at Xavier when they were humming along and has experience in the ACC as an assistant at Wake starting under Prosser

Ties to the region as well.

He's not on the "make them say no" list but I've yet to see a candidate I think is likely to be interested that I think is more qualified for the job.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
For those who may not be aware, the James Jones I am referencing is the head coach of Yale.

3 NCAA tournament appearances sjnce 2016, another one this season. He has experience with a rigorous academic school.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For those who may not be aware, the James Jones I am referencing is the head coach of Yale.

3 NCAA tournament appearances sjnce 2016, another one this season. He has experience with a rigorous academic school.

Sounds good on paper but he's been there basically his entire career. Can't see him just up and leaving for no reason. I see him as a Yale lifer.

Flajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Not that he has the bandwidth, but CBK could get as much out of these guys as anybody listed above.

Step into AMC with his guys and the opposing team will know what playing tough is.

That being said, I trust ADJB will find us the best candidate out there.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Not that he has the bandwidth, but CBK could get as much out of these guys as anybody listed above.

Step into AMC with his guys and the opposing team will know what playing tough is.

That being said, I trust ADJB will find us the best candidate out there.
Who?