Georgia Tech Head Coach Hot List

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I would take Pitino's end of career run in a heartbeat and if anyone here wouldn't, they're ****ing stupid. Full stop.

I'm just saying the likelihood of him staying 2-3 years is EXTREMELY high. So I guess the question is are you good with definitely doing another search yet again in 3 years?

ebb1

Georgia Tech Fan
Mike Rhoades (VCU) could be interesting. 118–59 as the head coach at VCU, but he also turned around Rice, by year 3 they were a 20 win team

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm just saying the likelihood of him staying 2-3 years is EXTREMELY high. So I guess the question is are you good with definitely doing another search yet again in 3 years?
For 3 years of Pitino likely winning? Absolutely.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If it’s not Kelsey, who I really like, then I want Amir!
I love the ATL ties to recruiting, especially Wheeler. He’s been at Tech before too so that’s a plus. If the money is there and we can surround him with an experienced staff, recruiters/former HC types, then he’s the guy!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Good news is that KQ named Ben Howland & Bobby Hurley as names to NOT watch. **** those two.
Just out of curiosity, do we have anything against Bobby Hurley other than him playing for Duke? I’m biased because I know him and he’s a good guy, and he even likes GT. He brought Kenny Anderson to an ASU practice a few years ago and showed the clip of Anderson crossing up Hurley in front of his entire ASU team/staff. Everyone got a kick out of it.

Edit: For the record, not at all saying I’d want Hurley to be Tech’s HC.
CEA195B0-9FB9-45E9-93C2-D3CF29D6F76F.jpeg

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Any chance that this in part was a response to Ole Miss having talked to Chris Beard already? Maybe Batts wanted to talk to and do his due diligence on the possibility of hiring Beard before he took another job. And of course if that didn't look like it would work out then he may have a candidate or 3 that he would also have lined up.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Just out of curiosity, do we have anything against Bobby Hurley other than him playing for Duke? I’m biased because I know him and he’s a good guy, and he even likes GT. He brought Kenny Anderson to an ASU practice a few years ago and showed the clip of Anderson crossing up Hurley in front of his entire ASU team/staff. Everyone got a kick out of it.

Edit: For the record, not at all saying I’d want Hurley to be Tech’s HC.View attachment 14109
Hurley has disappointed at ASU. They've had their moments but nothing consistent including upsetting Kansas, going undefeated and becoming ranked only for the bottom to fall out during the conference season which happened more than once since Hurley has been there.
His former assistant,Nate Oats has greatly surpassed him as a head coach

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Hurley has disappointed at ASU. They've had their moments but nothing consistent including upsetting Kansas, going undefeated and becoming ranked only for the bottom to fall out during the conference season which happened more than once since Hurley has been there.
Yes, I know all that. I just was wondering if there was anything specific beyond coaching performance/playing career for a GT fan to feel that negatively about Bobby Hurley (more than any other below average coach).

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
I wanted him when we hired pastner. No reason to want him now. He isn't lighting it up at asu, plus we'd have to pay his buyout whatever that is.