Georgia Tech football stats - 9/19/2022 - It's worse than you thought

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
After Sims didn’t put his head down and take a hit for a first down in out first offensive series against Ole Miss he should have been yanked and had his a$$ chewed.
I’m reminded of a Louisiana tech qb doing that for us against Duke on the road. The 5k tech fans were letting him have it, and since it’s a high school stadium, he looked up and definitely heard it.

Ole Miss was violent all day and we could not match their will or attitude.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Total Offense: #126 out of 131
Scoring Offense: #121 out of 131
Passing Offense: #120 out of 131
Passing Yards Per Completion: #126 out of 131
Passing Completion %: #108 out of 131
Red Zone Offense: #118 out of 131
3rd Down Conversion Percentage: #119 out of 131
Rushing Offense: #98 out of 131
Total First Downs: #128 out of 131

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Why? The offense is worse than last year. Think, he was fired from ND, but only had TULANE as his landing spot.
After his first landing spot was a consultant at UT. So, I hear rumors of him being highly regarded, but all evidence points to him being propped up by offensive genius HCs at Memphis and ND.

I say we make Weinke interim, but reality is it will probably be Long or Key. Not because they're great, but because who else.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
This has to be the worst in GT history. At least Coach Clown lived up to his promise of being Elite, hahah GT is an Elite mess!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The stats are what you would expect after watching every Collins game. Historically POOR. Today the worst was the awful first down play calling and execution. I counted (and maybe missed some) 11 plays on our first downs where we made one yard or less. The second worst was not trying a backup QB after we were obviously not going anywhere with Sims. The third worst was the DE's not containing anything outside. Another worst was the punt blocked...again. There were a lot more worsts but those really stood out to me.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
After his first landing spot was a consultant at UT. So, I hear rumors of him being highly regarded, but all evidence points to him being propped up by offensive genius HCs at Memphis and ND.

I say we make Weinke interim, but reality is it will probably be Long or Key. Not because they're great, but because who else.
No one on the current staff needs to be or should be the interim.
I'd rather go get a coach who isn't doing anything right now - Mullen, Mendenhall, e.g. - let them run the staff and program for the next couple of months while we start the search for a permanent replacement.
It would be akin to Rome getting Cincinnatus out of retirement to save the empire. Then let him go back to his farm - or house at Lake Oconee or whatever. or the blackjack table.

I was worried about Weinke's coaching ability when I looked at what he did with Jarrett Gaurantano at UT. He got worse every year. Sims isn't making any progress now either. I contend he was OK, not great, against Clemson. Less than 5 yards per attempt is not the mark of a great night quarterbacking.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I’m reminded of a Louisiana tech qb doing that for us against Duke on the road. The 5k tech fans were letting him have it, and since it’s a high school stadium, he looked up and definitely heard it.

Ole Miss was violent all day and we could not match their will or attitude.

Did he become an annoying politician? I think I know who you’re talking about lol

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd rather go get a coach who isn't doing anything right now - Mullen, Mendenhall, e.g. - let them run the staff and program for the next couple of months while we start the search for a permanent replacement.
It would be akin to Rome getting Cincinnatus out of retirement to save the empire. Then let him go back to his farm - or house at Lake Oconee or whatever. or the blackjack table.

I was worried about Weinke's coaching ability when I looked at what he did with Jarrett Gaurantano at UT. He got worse every year. Sims isn't making any progress now either. I contend he was OK, not great, against Clemson. Less than 5 yards per attempt is not the mark of a great night quarterbacking.
I prefer the blackjack table!

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

Frankly, I think we need a Lucius Sulla to clean house at this point. Proscriptions of the whole current staff.