Georgia Tech Bowl Projections

GTFLETCH

Banned
I would not go to any bowl were we are matched up against a G5 School.... However Georgia Tech vs Auburn... I would even travel to the Sun bowl for that match up... So for me outside of an ACC Title game or OB... It is always based on the Match up...This year I will travel if it is Belk Bowl/Gator/Music/Sun... GT vs Auburn...

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I would not go to any bowl were we are matched up against a G5 School.... However Georgia Tech vs Auburn... I would even travel to the Sun bowl for that match up... So for me outside of an ACC Title game or OB... It is always based on the Match up...This year I will travel if it is Belk Bowl/Gator/Music/Sun... GT vs Auburn...
I would be ok with Auburn but my favorite bowl games are when we get an opportunity to play a Power 5 team outside of our own footprint.....Big 12, Pac 10, etc...

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I would love a matchup with Auburn. They’re likely to run Malzahn out of town so it might be a coachless team that would look like a good win.

grb916

Georgia Tech Fan
Wut? I am guessing he thinks UCF loses their conference championship game without Milton. If not, surely they get an at-large bid to one of the big bowls. Gasparilla? No way.
Correct - he stated in his assumptions that this is contingent upon a UCF loss this weekend. If they win, they'd get a Big Six bowl bid. Here's what he said:

I’m picking Memphis to beat UCF, which means the Boise State-Fresno State winner would get the other Fiesta Bowl spot. Unfortunately for the Knights, their first loss in 25 games likely would drop them to the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa against a 7-5 ACC team like Georgia Tech

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think the kids might actually get pretty hyped to play UCF. They have had as much hype as Bama the last 2 years and knowing they ducked us last year could add to it too.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
UCF could really fall that far?

Their other choices would be as follows:
_Armed Forces Bowl vs. Big 12
Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. Conference USA
Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large
Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA
Military Bowl vs. ACC

Not a lot of good bowl choices for a non-Power 5 team if they don't make a New Years' Six.

I'm more concerned about the possibility of us falling that far. That would mean we are picked behind everyone except maybe Wake Forest.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UCF having to play us in a bowl would be a crime. Even if they lose the championship they deserve a lot better of a bowl.

GTFLETCH

Banned
From Joe GIGLIO

Link
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article222238890.html

1. CFP: Clemson
2. Camping World: Syracuse or NC State
3. Tier 1
--- Pinstripe: Pitt
--- Belk: UVA
--- Music City/Gator: Miami or NC Sate
--- Sun: Miami, Syracuse or Boston College