Georgia - COFH Baseball

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
This game doesn't really matter. What matters is, if we play like we did tonight, we won't win many games in the ACC, so this game won't matter...
It was insane to be playing tonight. I stood through all of it. My fingers are still frozen as I type this. I wouldn’t take too much from that performance. It was freezing and pouring.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
It was insane to be playing tonight. I stood through all of it. My fingers are still frozen as I type this. I wouldn’t take too much from that performance. It was freezing and pouring.
I've been at games where I couldn't feel my legs walking back to my car/hotel. And I'm talking about Atlanta / Kennesaw. Not talking about when there was snow or ice on the field in Pittsburgh. No excuse. If the game is played, both teams experience the same conditions.

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been at games where I couldn't feel my legs walking back to my car/hotel. And I'm talking about Atlanta / Kennesaw. Not talking about when there was snow or ice on the field in Pittsburgh. No excuse. If the game is played, both teams experience the same conditions.
It’s true that both teams experience the same conditions.

But if Ben King, for instance isnt good at throwing strikes in the pouring rain when it’s 36 degrees outside, and uga’s pitcher is…. I don’t think that matters much for any other game during the season.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

But if Ben King, for instance isnt good at throwing strikes in the pouring rain when it’s 36 degrees outside, and uga’s pitcher is…. I don’t think that matters much for any other game during the season.
I agree with this. King definitely couldn't grip his slider tonight. Kovala pitched great though! We have some really talented young arms that throw strikes.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow

Look

Ben King tore through this lineup last year at cool ray and was a huge reason we won last year.

So cut the kid some slack on a very crappy night.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow

And I wasn’t referring to you Cri85 😎

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree with this. King definitely couldn't grip his slider tonight. Kovala pitched great though! We have some really talented young arms that throw strikes.
Totally agree

I’m certainly not measuring the season based on a miserable , cold and rainy night in March

Next two games hold more weight imo

With both teams full on midweek, it really may end up being a no decision

No matter. Go win the series boys!

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Did anyone watch Clemson last year

First twenty games, it appeared like they were not very good and would miss the tournament

We were in a position to sweep them at home.

Got swept by their rival usc.

Caught fire and ended up being a national seed

Yes I know they lost to Tennessee but my point is to just chill on one game

Cornell beat us 11-4

So what

We’re 7-1 (pending this game being made up)

We need our staff to get experience like this before acc play

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You can't control the weather. Tonight just sucked for everyone... fans, players, umps, ground crew.

The biggest (by far) out of conference series/weekend & the weather disrupts everything. It's too bad.

Here's a question for our "objective" baseball folks. Imagine a game in Athens. Ga Tech is ahead by 6 runs in rainy weather headed to B5. Team is on field warming up with 3 outs to victory. Umps have a pow-wow with coaches & decide to pull teams off field. Tarps only applied to homeplate & mound (not the infield). Would any of us have a problem with this situation in Athens?

... I'll hang up & listen.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
You can't control the weather. Tonight just sucked for everyone... fans, players, umps, ground crew.

The biggest (by far) out of conference series/weekend & the weather disrupts everything. It's too bad.

Here's a question for our "objective" baseball folks. Imagine a game in Athens. Ga Tech is ahead by 6 runs in rainy weather headed to B5. Team is on field warming up with 3 outs to victory. Umps have a pow-wow with coaches & decide to pull teams off field. Tarps only applied to homeplate & mound (not the infield). Would any of us have a problem with this situation in Athens?

I know I would. I honestly don't know why we just didn't play it out tonight. Yeah, it was probably going to be a loss but it really shouldn't have been played in the first place. As others have mentioned, we should have done a split doubleheader tomorrow.

Last edited:

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck

Oh this is absolutely a break for us. If I were UGA, I'd be livid.

But I know when to accept a gift.