Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I thought they beat them, my bad. Would have at least been elite effort though no doubt.
Temple found a way to pull off the upset in 2017 ;)
That might have been the year you were thinking of. I know a lot of Temple fans weren't pleased he was 1-1 against Nova (losing to the FCS school they share a city with).

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Just looked it up. He lost to Dook, too. How did any GT fan overlook that? It’s THE definition of success.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m not sure why he could beat Villanova at Temple while he couldn’t beat Citadel at GT? That’s a good point.
He was not successful at Temple. I said this when he was hired. Matt Rhule turned around temple. They won 10 games in his last year. He went to Baylor and he did the same thing there. G***** C***** took a 10 win team that had players coming back and led them to a 7-6 season and an 8-5 season. We were told that he was a success at Temple but he made them worse and most Temple fans were happy to see him go. They hated everything that we talk about here.

OP1

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s the best the AD could find, and deserving of a long term contract??? Hard to fathom…

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Collins sure isn't proving he knows how to right this ship. He's done.
Also agree with the above, we have to move on from CPJ.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
38-0, Paul.
Probably not. Too many death marches running down the clock.

But I doubt the CPJ offense would ever punt.

And CPJ wouldn’t need to field a defense. CGC’s offense would find a way to not score even without a defense to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.