Geoff Collins worst GT coach of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketFan137

Banned
It is a thing. These threads have been full of Collins fan boys for over two years, flaming and bashing anybody who pointed out the obvious: that the Collins hire was a monstrous mistake that has (and will continue) to set Tech football back.

Saying “no one here has actively defended Collins in over a year” is just a bald faced lie.

So, nah, the only thing worse than making a mistake is not admitting that you made one. I haven’t missed a home game in 46 years. It’s time for Tech to move on.
idk haven’t seen much any time recently. definitely not in the calendar year of 2022. might be imagining things big bro

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
C’mon guys, the season is still young and we will turn this around and go bowling! 😜
... Soooo, your saying there's a chance?!?!?

Screenshot_20220917-212021.jpg

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
It is a thing. These threads have been full of Collins fan boys for over two years, flaming and bashing anybody who pointed out the obvious: that the Collins hire was a monstrous mistake that has (and will continue) to set Tech football back.

Saying “no one here has actively defended Collins in over a year” is just a bald faced lie.

So, nah, the only thing worse than making a mistake is not admitting that you made one. I haven’t missed a home game in 46 years. It’s time for Tech to move on.
I don’t think Collins has anyone left in his corner except his wife and daughter at this point

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
Not defending the guy but trying to refine the problem. Why was CGC successful at Temple but not here? To me it seems way oversimplified to imagine goodness of a coach as being univariate and independent. How did the hiring process and/or his process go wrong?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Not defending the guy but trying to refine the problem. Why was CGC successful at Temple but not here? To me it seems way oversimplified to imagine goodness of a coach as being univariate and independent. How did the hiring process and/or his process go wrong?
Mediocre at temple doesn’t equate to “successful”. At least not in my book. Dude flat out can’t coach. And that’s what he (unfortunately) has the title of and is expected to do.

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
He wasn't that successful at Temple. They were 20-7 over the prior two season with Matt Rhule with their worst loss being to a good Army team. Collins went 15-10, with some awful losses (namely, to UConn and Villanova).

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The terrible defense PJ team would skunk the GC team
Are we talking about the 2015 PJ team? Too lazy to look it up. That team upset a super talented FSU team that was in the hunt for a playoff berth. That team had plenty of spirit, heart, desire, just terrible luck with injuries. Any team with Nesbitt, Reggie, JT5 would eat this team alive because they are so undisciplined and soft. This team would probably score points...when they had the ball but that would not be often.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
He wasn't that successful at Temple. They were 20-7 over the prior two season with Matt Rhule with their worst loss being to a good Army team. Collins went 15-10, with some awful losses (namely, to UConn and Villanova).
also do people not remember Temple fans laughing at us for hiring him? Their fans attributed 100% of his success to Rhule

Status
Not open for further replies.