Geoff Collins to be on XM ACC 371...

If you call a 4 star in James Graham no talent, then I don't know what you want. Plus Jordan Yates is coming in next year so we actually have some talented QBs.

I love these guys that take the high road and challenge themselves academically at a place like GT, but the armchair FB coach in me has to try to be honest

Honestly, I've seen JG' s throwing mechanics and he needs a lot of work to do before he can play P5 QB for an 8-4 level team

8-4 is the minimum I expect from GT FB based on the talent here in GA and in Metro ATL

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I love these guys that take the high road and challenge themselves academically at a place like GT, but the armchair FB coach in me has to try to be honest

Honestly, I've seen JG' s throwing mechanics and he needs a lot of work to do before he can play P5 QB for an 8-4 level team

8-4 is the minimum I expect from GT FB based on the talent here in GA and in Metro ATL

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So now your expertise is greater than ALL the college HCs that offered JG a scholarship? Too effing funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So now your expertise is greater than ALL the college HCs that offered JG a scholarship? Too effing funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of those HCs offered JG as a " athlete" and not as a QB

VT wanted him as a DB

DBs don't do very well when playing QB and have to do a 2-min drill vs a decent P5 defense

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

Where have you seen his mechanics? And how would you know good mechanics from bad? Care to break it down for us? What generally works best is for us armchair FB coaches not to act like we know what we’re talking about because we don’t. Btw know someone else who supposedly had bad mechanics? Phillip Rivers... That worked out ok.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
A lot of those HCs offered JG as a " athlete" and not as a QB

VT wanted him as a DB

DBs don't do very well when playing QB and have to do a 2-min drill vs a decent P5 defense

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, you are becoming a parody of a poster. Your agenda is laughingly transparent and, frankly, hilarious. Unless and until you take over as a OC or HC of a collegiate program your opinion as to the abilities of any collegiate athlete carries about as much weight as my grandson's. But then again he makes more sense that you and he's 15 months old

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
The one thing that impresses me with CGC is he understands he's the figurehead and official spokesperson for GT Football. He's always keeping it positive, looking forward, and talking up the program. CGC understands he has to sell GT football every time someone sticks a mic or camera in front of him. He's not talking about what GT doesn't have, he's always looking to where GT is going. Since he was announced, I have yet to hear him talk about what GT doesn't have, but more what GT HAS and other teams don't (i.e. "Not many schools have a meaningful degree like GT..."). IMO, there's no reason to point out what GT doesn't have versus other schools...you're just helping other schools negatively recruit when you do that. Get the kids on campus, show them the plans for GT football, let them see the opportunity that surrounds them in Atlanta, them feel the energy of the city, give them a vision of being an SA at GT both athletically and academically, help them envision the their dreams and how GT will get them there.

IMO, we focus too much on what GT DOESN"T have that we lose sight that GT has a LOT of great things other schools can't compete with. I think TStan sees that, and that's why he was attracted to CGC's vision for GT football. TStan's message has been similar to CGC's from day one. One of the messages that CGC is slowly trying to convey is that being an SA at GT is a selective accomplishment. Only the elite of the elite will be chosen. I like it...because he's making it sound like what 'Bama and Stanford do: If we tap you, it's only because you're at the top 1% of what we're looking for. That sh!t sells.

Gonna be fun ride, fellas.
That was one of my biggest knocks in CPJ, he was always quick to point out what Clemson and Uga had and what we didn’t.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Selling the program to recruits and doners is completely different than understanding and overcoming the challenges presented by Georgia Tech. I appreciate that he doesn’t verbalize the challenges in interviews, but I sure hope he understands they are real and has a plan to attack them.

To better understand my point I offer this analogy, there’s a reason why blind folks don’t run hurdles, it’s awful hard to clear the ones you can’t (or refuse to) see.

Well he has worked here twice before...surely he understands exactly the challenges he faces

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
No we haven't

But against Clemson & UGA we looked like a DivII team

The entire Country and all the recruits in GA watching heard the announcers say that UMASS gave the Mutts a tougher game in the 1st half

You musta missed that

I didn't
What does what happened in one game have to do with another? People that compare results and think it means something don't understand football. I'm sorry our poor performance against UGA this year hurt your self-esteem.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
No we haven't

But against Clemson & UGA we looked like a DivII team

The entire Country and all the recruits in GA watching heard the announcers say that UMASS gave the Mutts a tougher game in the 1st half

You musta missed that

I didn't

NtTomNtBrains..., I try to refrain from using the “ignore” function as much as possible but you, sir, have excessively pushed the envelope. It seems you have crapped up every thread I’ve looked at recently. To the extent that I no longer wish to be bothered by your worthless prattle, you are hereby I-G-N-O-R-E-D!

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Do you mean academic hurdles

I posted this in another topic and very few replied

In the 2019 recruiting class in GA, there were 39 players rated 4* or 5*, CPJ offered 26 of them, that is a .666 ratio--- if you extrapolate over the Top100 Recruits in GA that means that 66 should be academic qualifiers for GT

After all, CPJ wouldn't offer if they couldn't get accepted or couldn't graduate with some effort

If 66 of the Top100 are academic qualifiers for GT according to CPJ's own actions then maybe the academic hurdle is lower than folks make it out to be

I personally know a guy that works for one of those services and he swears that 60 to 70 of the Top100 in Ga could qualify for GT if GT had the right recruiting pitch to attract them

Maybe Coach G is the right guy

I' m optimistic and glad to see GT back in the business of big time CFB

I’ve made this exact same argument. Unfortunately it doesn’t go very far with people in this board. They swear that less than a quarter of D1 football players could qualify at GT. They do this without any evidence to support their assertion.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Look, another thread about CGC which has become an opportunity to take direct or passive aggressive shots at CPJ.

I don't get the impression that anyone asked CGC why his Temple teams did not have 10 win records like his predecessor. So, we don't know if his responses would be like CPJ or not.

I’ve made this exact same argument. Unfortunately it doesn’t go very far with people in this board. They swear that less than a quarter of D1 football players could qualify at GT. They do this without any evidence to support their assertion.

I got ya back

Our numbers will eventually grow, and then the Standards will be raised and GT FB will start to live up to high expectations that other fanbases have

I gotta feeling that Coach G is the right guy to get this thing moving in the right direction

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Selling the program to recruits and doners is completely different than understanding and overcoming the challenges presented by Georgia Tech. I appreciate that he doesn’t verbalize the challenges in interviews, but I sure hope he understands they are real and has a plan to attack them.

To better understand my point I offer this analogy, there’s a reason why blind folks don’t run hurdles, it’s awful hard to clear the ones you can’t (or refuse to) see.

You do know he has coached at GT before, right?

He is just not going to let the whine excuse stop him.

I personally hope that Peterson's lack of ethics has brought extended pressure on him to finally play ball with GTAA.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Good thing we don't recruit blind football players. :)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You do know he has coached at GT before, right?

He is just not going to let the whine excuse stop him.

I personally hope that Peterson's lack of ethics has brought extended pressure on him to finally play ball with GTAA.
At most schools the students have a fee to support athletics.
At most companies the managers are expected to give to United way and get their department to do the same.
ed
At some schools the staff is expected to support the money making sports.