Geoff Collins at temple

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
But ibee, who was literally in the building at the time, just told us that's not the case.

Perhaps you're mixing Collins up with Giff Smith?
I didn't see that so maybe im wrong but that's what has alaways been said about him. That he and Giff Smith were a huge part of the 2007 class

I don't believe there are any Paul Johnson haters. But as of today he is exactly .500 vs FBS opponents since the beginning of the 2010 season. Some people think that's OK. Others think we can do better.

If we win 2 of the next 3 ACC games we will be 4-4 in the conference, while playing in the weakest division of P5 (source:Sagarin ratings). For some that's OK--we will be in a bowl game. Others think we can do better.

Some people believe Dave Braine's view of what's possible at Tech. Others believe Kim King's view of what's possible at Tech.

You are a Dave Braine disciple. I am a Kim King disciple. That's the difference.
First, I am NOT a Dave Braine disciple. I DO believe we can be successful on a consistent basis, and we should always aspire to win 8 or 9 games a year. When we don't I am ticked, but unless we have another BL (which we don't), I realize that the blame lies as much, if not more, with the AD and the entire athletics administration at Tech, as it does with the coach. Second, you say you don't believe there are any CPJ haters. All I can say to that is that you are blind. There have been CPJ haters since the day he was hired, and when we have a bad season, their hatred is even stronger and more vocal.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I didn't see that so maybe im wrong but that's what has alaways been said about him. That he and Giff Smith were a huge part of the 2007 class

Yeah, it's an urban legend that seems to grow as time passes. I'm also of the belief that Giff's immortal status among our fanbase is similarly overblown.

I mean, what has he done since leaving? Yet, every time we have an opening there's still folks clamoring to bring him back. It's silly.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Giff Smith is DL coach for the Chargers who had the #3 scoring defense last year and tied for #5 in sacks. Granted it is incredibly tough to judge a position coach in the NFL since so much is based on just talent, but I don't think you can say he's done nothing since he left either.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Giff Smith is DL coach for the Chargers who had the #3 scoring defense last year and tied for #5 in sacks. Granted it is incredibly tough to judge a position coach in the NFL since so much is based on just talent, but I don't think you can say he's done nothing since he left either.

Well, congratulations to the man. I apologize for my hyperbole.

Changes nothing about the fact that his rep among our fanbase as a recruiting guru is largely unearned.