General News about Key and his Staff

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I attended two Duke games this year. The big improvement I saw was a very good quarterback that stayed healthy. The other observation was interviews with the players who were inspired with desire to be good and confidence instilled by Elko. I think we are on the same sort of trajectory but I think we have a higher ceiling than Duke. I really like the staff that Key is building.
Marco thinks he can recruit 4 star players to gt like he did to Michigan State. He has offered 3- 4* and 1- 5*.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I attended two Duke games this year. The big improvement I saw was a very good quarterback that stayed healthy. The other observation was interviews with the players who were inspired with desire to be good and confidence instilled by Elko. I think we are on the same sort of trajectory but I think we have a higher ceiling than Duke. I really like the staff that Key is building.
Don't disagree with anything you say, but might add my impression is the Duke fan base doesn't give a rats :?"/ *** about FB. It would not surprise if Duke dropped out of CFB when and if the ACC were to somehow end, which I still see as a possibility. I could easily see Duke joining the George towns of the world. Just my thoughts and certainly I've been wrong before. Duke in so many ways is like an "Ivy" League school.

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 7.31.33 PM.png

Last edited:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Man, could this guy have any more impressive experience? We're getting some coaches and analysts with amazing pedigrees in here, and connections, too. Brent wasn't kidding when he said we're going to not only compete with our instate rival, but dominate them. I am bowled over by these hires. I think he's going to do what they said can't be done. He's shooting for the moon. He really means it. This is the beginning of our renaissance!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Man, I’m getting pumped about this staff. I feel like the kids are getting the support they need to excel. This is starting to look like a program on the rise. Props to Key for setting the tone.
I love Angel and his assistant that started this process.

They saw the gt football program on fire and ran into the building.
No committee. No stragic plan.
Just get great people that love football. They will attract players and develop.

For the immediate future its up or out. Angel expects excellence.

It starts at the top

In 2 years we could be competitive in every game.

furant

Jolly Good Fellow

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Based on the staff that HCBK has assembled, does anyone still think we would have been better off with Chadwell, Fritz or any of the other rumored candidates?

I'd be hard-pressed to believe that.
I thought that Fritz would gave been better than TFG.

However , he may have not been as terrible enough to get the Prez Motivated.

Like a blind squirrel we have found a our coach who will listen and adjust.

Lets $$upport him.