General News about Key and his Staff

EE95_curse EMAG!

Jolly Good Fellow
@EE95_curse EMAG! - there is slmostnothing factualin ypur post, but this isn't the thread for it.

Create a different thread and I'll engage. Same thing for why MARTA doesn't go the burbs.

Created non-Football thread. Pardon my poor creation and quoting.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
May have missed it earlier in this thread, but what do y’all think on S&C Coach Lew being let go?

Was he too expensive? Did he not like the “bulk up” mentality of the past few years, sacrificing athleticism for power?
I don't know if Key didn't like it, but I sure didn't. Our lines have looked about 10 - 15 lbs overweight ever since Paul left. I understand that the blocking is different, but being able to show off on the beach and being able to play football are two very different things. I'll take flexibility and speed over sheer bulk and power any day of the week. Team wide, btw.

I don't think we need the lean, mean, fighting machine Paul built, but more flexibility and speed is necessary, imho.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if Key didn't like it, but I sure didn't. Our lines have looked about 10 - 15 lbs overweight ever since Paul left. I understand that the blocking is different, but being able to show off on the beach and being able to play football are two very different things. I'll take flexibility and speed over sheer bulk and power any day of the week. Team wide, btw.

I don't think we need the lean, mean, fighting machine Paul built, but more flexibility and speed is necessary, imho.

Nick Saban has a flexibility test for his OLs. If they don't pass the flexibility range he requires, they don't extend an offer.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One thing I hope Key doesn't do is try and hire a "GT man" just for the sake of getting a "GT man". It felt like Collins was doing that, and GT fans have a penchant for naming random GT related coaches or ex players to fill the staff.

Let's get the best person for the job regardless of their ties to GT.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Good that Key or rid of Chip long. I'm sure that Key wasn't the most expensive HC option , which left us room for better assistants and an Oc.
Thacker staying is a good sign that he's really improved

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
I have no info on that. I did message Deep Throat and he confirmed to me that the Board is very well aware of its financial condition and what it can and cannot offer. Key was willing to accept an incentive laden contract, WF was not.
Thought Cabrera said Admin was making greater effort and funding available to support athletics???