General News about Key and his Staff

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Quinlan tweeted both Alexander and Long are out.

I mean, my sources say they're both out.

:cool:
Thanks. I was a little too fatigued after a long day to scroll through all of the other posts to see if it was already out there. ;)

I'm sure that was hard for Key, as Long was a friend, I believe. Now, I hope he's been given a great budget to find the OC with the innovative mind and great playcalling ability we need.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Quinlan tweeted both Alexander and Long are out.

I mean, my sources say they're both out.

:cool:
As was previously mentioned there is a great OC Candidate just waiting in the wings.. a Man among men, a legend of the most legendary sort, a hero of heroes.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
May have missed it earlier in this thread, but what do y’all think on S&C Coach Lew being let go?

Was he too expensive? Did he not like the “bulk up” mentality of the past few years, sacrificing athleticism for power?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As was previously mentioned there is a great OC Candidate just waiting in the wings.. a Man among men, a legend of the most legendary sort, a hero of heroes.

confused molly ringwald GIF

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
May have missed it earlier in this thread, but what do y’all think on S&C Coach Lew being let go?

Was he too expensive? Did he not like the “bulk up” mentality of the past few years, sacrificing athleticism for power?
Serious question: Did he actually have an honest "bulk up" mentality? We got before/after pictures that were at obvious angles/lighting/oil to de-emphasize muscle on the before and highlight it on the after. We had statements about 260lb average for linemen.

I'm not sure that I believe anything that has been published from the program the past few years. With that, I don't know if there is any objective information that indicates how good/bad of an S&C guy he is.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Baseball season is coming. But at least it's not unis or 200 pages on Brad Stewart.

My wife and I liked the urban ATL discussion. Trying to decide where to go next (will stay in Southern Va where the density isn't a problem) so this is a great forum.

Go Jackets.
FWIW, I lived in ATL for 35 years. Alpharetta was fantastic. Key word: WAS. There is so much density and construction, they ruined it. When it takes an hour to drive 3 miles for dinner ... it's over.

I loved it. But at this point in my life, there are better places to live.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm a big fan of the development in Atlanta over the last 20 years but I also live a solid 2000+ miles due west so I don't expect to have the same tastes as a lot of more suburban or rural folks on that. :)

If not for the residential construction, though, it would be (even much more) crazy expensive to live there... but the lack of transit to go with that construction is a killer. And not like one that couldn't be foreseen from various other places in the country. Better than SF/SJ/SV, at least, though, where commercial/business development is welcomed while residential is shunned so cost of housing has gone absolutely insane. But still, ideally you gotta do all three together.