GaTech fans

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Last year this time, we were coming off a 3 win season, had to replace 3-4 starters on the OL, had an untried BB, no depth at qb, AB's coming off season ending injuries the year before, had lost our best D Lineman, etc, etc. The point being that is the nature of college football, especially at Tech. What we do have is stability at head coach (longest tenure in the ACC), and at almost all of the other coaching positions. We have improved recruiting working its way up the depth chart. We have significant starting experience all over the field. We have a productive base offensive system that has been in place for a decade that has proven to get better as the year progresses. And, we don't play the leg humpers until the last game of the season so there's plenty of time to work everything out.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Mills was going to be a great player for us. Most reasonable fans would agree to that. However, we did win some important games without him last season. Kirvonte looked pretty good to me. I haven't seen Howard so I will reserve judgment. Next man up. The offense still has a lot of working parts and a great mind calling plays for the guys who are left. I'm still excited and ready to roll.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Are we the most pessimistic fan base in college football?

I have been a Tech fan for about 30 years now. I have seen the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. Been a member here for a good while now. There is a lot of knowledge and wisdom on this board, but, ain't there always one. Some are so pessimistic it is disturbing. If you feel Tech is gonna have an awful year because of player dismissals or choosing to leave have fun with that why try to rationalize your personal distaste to others. I attempt to remain optimistic( check with me after the first 4 games) and enthusiastic. I love all Tech sports but as a sidewalk fan I realize the rigors of the institute on the student athlete. Would I love for us to be contenders for championships of course, but I will always pull for the Ramblin Wreck regardless. I am looking forward till the day I retire and move and can be a season ticket holder. Thanks to all who contribute to the excellent and informative agenda on this site. But if you think the sky is falling say so but don't try to convince others of your personal doomsday.
To be honest, I thought Tech fans were the most optimistic. Seems every thread, every year, begins with 12-0 baby.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Mills was going to be a great player for us. Most reasonable fans would agree to that. However, we did win some important games without him last season. Kirvonte looked pretty good to me. I haven't seen Howard so I will reserve judgment. Next man up. The offense still has a lot of working parts and a great mind calling plays for the guys who are left. I'm still excited and ready to roll.

Boomer you're going to enjoy Jerry :D I had a lot of fum watching him at the scrimmage last week, he's a hoss!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
You mean UT of the SEC East? That UT? Roll us? You must be thinking of the UT of 10 years ago or something...
I kind of doubt they will "roll us" the same way Clemson did but they are capable of making us look pretty bad. Plenty of talent on that team but no one including their team knows how they will react to facing a triple option team right out the gate. We will see.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Are we the most pessimistic fan base in college football?

I have been a Tech fan for about 30 years now. I have seen the good, the bad, and the downright ugly. Been a member here for a good while now. There is a lot of knowledge and wisdom on this board, but, ain't there always one. Some are so pessimistic it is disturbing. If you feel Tech is gonna have an awful year because of player dismissals or choosing to leave have fun with that why try to rationalize your personal distaste to others. I attempt to remain optimistic( check with me after the first 4 games) and enthusiastic. I love all Tech sports but as a sidewalk fan I realize the rigors of the institute on the student athlete. Would I love for us to be contenders for championships of course, but I will always pull for the Ramblin Wreck regardless. I am looking forward till the day I retire and move and can be a season ticket holder. Thanks to all who contribute to the excellent and informative agenda on this site. But if you think the sky is falling say so but don't try to convince others of your personal doomsday.

The most "pessimistic fan base"? You must be new here. If we had the Great Wall of Florida for an offensive line, the Four Horsemen of Notre Dame for a back field, the Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain defense our fans would be complaining about the kicking game costing us at least one game and wanting somebody to be fired because the uniforms were the wrong shade of gold. Can't imagine it being any other way.

DenverJacket56

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been a Tech fan for roughly 30 years and I feel about as good now as I did when O'Leary was marching out Hamilton. That was fun football. This year feels similar to when Godsey was taking over for Hamilton and I wasn't sure if he could fill Hamilton's shoes. Needless to say he did well and those years turned out great as well. I feel confident our recruiting has stepped up and we are able to field a quality team that can line up and compete with any team in the country now. It definitely stinks that we lost Mills, but every team deals with these types of problems. Let's cross our fingers and hope either MJ, TM, JJ or LJ can handle the pressure and wow us the first game. In CPJ I believe!

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Is it pessimism, or realism? By nature most of us are card-carrying members of the victory of science and technology over myth and superstition. We see the facts, analyze the possible outcomes, and establish an opinion. That's where the magic comes back in. How many times have we been rewarded with victories that "just could not realistically happen"? More than just a few. It is one of my happiest times when our team somehow becomes greater than the sum of its parts and pulls it off.
Interesting initial point, but why is it those who say they are just being "realistic" are always negative about our chances? Why can't someone look at the "facts" and be positive as well as realistic. Not aimed at you J-B Rochambeau because I don't take your post that way, just addressing your question.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
9-4=5 CPJ will win his 5th ACC Coastal title

9-4=5 Number of national titles that GT will have after this year

LOL. I know what you're going for but I don't want to believe we are going to lose 4 times this year.

Gotta believe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
So, any significance to the fact that the season starts on 9-4?

9-4=5 CPJ will win his 5th ACC Coastal title

9-4=5 Number of national titles that GT will have after this year

LOL. I know what you're going for but I don't want to believe we are going to lose 4 times this year.

Gotta believe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk