Gameday !!!!!!!!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson's speech to the players:

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a game by giving his all for his team. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard give his all for his team.

Men, all this stuff you've heard about Tech not wanting to play, wanting to drop down to FCS, is a lot of horse dung. Tech men, traditionally, love to play football. All real Tech men love the sting of battle.

When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Tech loves a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Tech men play to win all the time. Now, I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a player who lost and laughed. That's why Tech men have won four national championships and the girls at that school in Athens have only won two. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Techsters.

Now, football is played as a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don't know anything more about real football than they do about fornicating.

Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to run through the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our cleats. We're going to humiliate those lousy Virginia farm boys by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken-out under the pressure. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Hokies are the enemy. Run into them. Spill their blood. Give them shots. When you carry a player off the field that a moment before was your best friend, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages from my OC or DC saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hokies do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything -- except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ***. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose!

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in the great NCAAF?" -- you won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana.”

Now, to hell with Georgia.

That is all.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Rumor going around that CPJ is going to retire if we don't make a bowl game this year and we need this game for him (er, us) to make a bowl game. I'll just leave it at that.....

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Rumor going around that CPJ is going to retire if we don't make a bowl game this year and we need this game for him (er, us) to make a bowl game. I'll just leave it at that.....

Finebaum made an interesting comment in that in his opinion, even the best coaches only have ten years in at one school before the joy runs out. Very few can maintain the juice after ten. CPJ is at 11.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure about this game tonight, gonna be tuff at Lane Stadium. I still maintain 6&6 for the year, but that might be enough for a bowl bid.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Paul Johnson's speech to the players:

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a game by giving his all for his team. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard give his all for his team.

Men, all this stuff you've heard about Tech not wanting to play, wanting to drop down to FCS, is a lot of horse dung. Tech men, traditionally, love to play football. All real Tech men love the sting of battle.

When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Tech loves a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Tech men play to win all the time. Now, I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a player who lost and laughed. That's why Tech men have won four national championships and the girls at that school in Athens have only won two. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Techsters.

Now, football is played as a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post don't know anything more about real football than they do about fornicating.

Now, we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know, by God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to run through the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our cleats. We're going to humiliate those lousy Virginia farm boys by the bushel.

Now, some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken-out under the pressure. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you will all do your duty. The Hokies are the enemy. Run into them. Spill their blood. Give them shots. When you carry a player off the field that a moment before was your best friend, you'll know what to do.

Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages from my OC or DC saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything. Let the Hokies do that. We are advancing constantly and we're not interested in holding onto anything -- except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ***. We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're gonna go through him like crap through a goose!

Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, "What did you do in the great NCAAF?" -- you won't have to say, "Well, I shoveled **** in Louisiana.”

Now, to hell with Georgia.

That is all.

Deleted member 2897

LOL @ Ken the Clown.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/georgia-te...tart-for-georgia-tech/BXsg0nugalQJIMtpwQILoL/

He asked CPJ *LITERALLY YESTERDAY* if TaQuon might not start, and CPJ said 'why wouldn't he?' Then Ken said he had heard some stuff. And CPJ told him not to believe everything you hear (I'm paraphrasing). But essentially he asked a question, was given the answer, and then PRINTED THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

What a total clown.