GAMEDAY!!!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
CJP says we have to "play faster". Should have scored 90.

would have liked to press more.

lost the 50/50 battle (TT was +1)

Tadric didn't play due to hamstring... didn't want to risk it.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
I like Okogie. He is going to be a good one. We did slow down on offense in the 2nd half - too many times we were standing around. Still we scored 70 points which is a lot more than we scored in the BG era. I will take the over on ACC wins if it's still at 1.5.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
UTC is one of the best mid major teams in the country. Won 29 games last year and got back a 2x all conference player this year who was injured last year.
I agree, but I always think it is interesting to note when a mid-major beats a power 5 conference team.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
don't understand all the negativity. We won by 15, spread was 8. We won without 2 starters. With this team every win is a building block in the rebuild. There were lots of positives. Lammers has improved a lot. Okogie will be very good before he leaves. AG is very long and athletic and will cause fits defensively. It was nice to see a quicker pace and much more ball movement than the BG era. Also really liked how he changed defenses. Let's all get behind this team and be positive.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
don't understand all the negativity. We won by 15, spread was 8. We won without 2 starters. With this team every win is a building block in the rebuild. There were lots of positives. Lammers has improved a lot. Okogie will be very good before he leaves. AG is very long and athletic and will cause fits defensively. It was nice to see a quicker pace and much more ball movement than the BG era. Also really liked how he changed defenses. Let's all get behind this team and be positive.

I agree, but let's be realistic. Our OOC schedule is pretty weak, so there will be wins if our guys continue to play well and improve their ball security. That said, the ACC is loaded and our talent level is way bellow that of all but one or two of the other teams. Winning three conference games will be a wonderful achievement for this team and should be applauded if it happens.

Okogie looks like he is an ACC level talent. Lammers has continued to grow into a nice player. I love Q when he is hitting shots, and TJ is, at times, a really good player. This is one game, so be careful to avoid thinking Tenn Tech would win an ACC game. In any season.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Opening spread was 13 and we covered that too.

Sloppy first half. Shortened the bench in the 2nd and we pulled away.

Same comments as others.

Get Lammers involved, good things happen. Also, he's showing the fight CJP said we'd see. I thought Heyward also showed it.

AD played great on defense, but some of those TOs he threw away? 1st game in 2 seasons, but Jeez Louise.

He'll have his bad nights, but Okogie may just be the steal we've been touting him as here for over 18 months.

C-Matt looks a little lost, but seems clear there's a lot of development potential. I think Moore also has a higher upside than I originally thought, but he's gotta ratchet up his intensity & execution. Should come in time for both.

After a 1st half where I thought I was gonna have heartburn, they corrected some things in the 2nd half to put some distance in place.

Getting Tadric & Heath back will be nice, but I think we'll see the effort & style CJP has promised, as well as reasonable improvement through season's end. Don't expect that to translate to wins, but could show recruits there's more talent here for them to work with than they think. CJP saying how Okogie could be an all-ACC type later in his career (I agree with that, btw) is nice praise, but also a subtle selling point to recruits.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
Technically the ACC extra is available through watchespn but it's not ESPN3 like it used to be. I hope @BobintheATL99 uploads it (even if it's without removing the breaks).

I'm on the road in Blacksburg right now when I get home, I'll try to grab it. I'm going to wait until it goes out of circulation on ACCDN before I post it. TigerRay got taken down because he was putting games up while they were still posted online (among other reasons).

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think Moore also has a higher upside than I originally thought, but he's gotta ratchet up his intensity & execution. Should come in time for both.

I was about to post this as well. He shows flashes but he is also a bit loose with the ball. High dribble, sometimes in a hurry to get to places he shouldn't be going and will worry about the rest when he gets there. Plays AAU/Exhibitionist basketball. Pastner will break him of that

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Solid game overall imho. Like others, Moore surprised me a bit. I'd set expectations low on him but he looked kinda comfortable out there. Maybe Dudley's advice did him some good.

Stephens looked to be a leader out there for better or worse.

I actually saw us run a few nice plays out there, ended up with high percentage shots or layups. That's new.

Anyways, glad to get one in the W column. Lots of other HM's can't say the same despite facing directional schools. SEC overall had some bad results. uGA fell to Clem's Son despite all this talent and fantabulous freshman guards a certain poster here keeps touting.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I love watching CJP's interviews and press conferences. You can really pick up on how good of a recruiter he is by subtle sales pitches he is making every time he speaks. He gets it. Now we just need some recruits to jump on board. I know it was Tenn Tech and I know it will be a tough go in ACC play but I am really enjoying the process of watching the rebuild to our program back to the Cremins days. WE HAVE THE RIGHT GUY LEADING THE WAY!

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm surprised there has not been a game recap yet on the AJC site (11/12 @ 9:00a). I'm actually getting more (and probably better) insight and analysis here. :)

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Looked at the stats--
what jumped out at me--they shot terrible BUT got 21 OFFENSIVE rebs!--outrebounded us overall also..Gueye played 33 min and got 3 Rebs. (Ogbonda in 7 mins got 3) .This was a problem I didn't expect.
otoh--we shot better than I would have thought overall.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Looked at the stats--
what jumped out at me--they shot terrible BUT got 21 OFFENSIVE rebs!--outrebounded us overall also..Gueye played 33 min and got 3 Rebs. (Ogbonda in 7 mins got 3) .This was a problem I didn't expect.
otoh--we shot better than I would have thought overall.
They shot 5-26 from 3. You know how we were always bottom 10 in the entire country in 3pt % and near the top in offensive rebounds? There's a correlation there.