Gameday !

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
It is a win, hopefully this will help JT, but still a lot of uneasiness remains. I know this team can improve, but too much of this game reminded me of last season

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Man I'm glad BC sucks.

I don't think they do. Pretty good athletes on the D side.This was a tough opener and not a cupcake. I went into it thinking any win would be good. not the prettiest effort but it was the 1st game...against a very stout opponent (esp. on D).

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yay! We won!

We beat a 3-10 team with 0 conference wins in the last 13 games. Break out the bubbly!

one of the few nice things about getting older is that you learn not to forecast things (either way) from game 1. take last year for example.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
There are very few things that would get me up before sunrise on a Saturday, but Georgia Tech football is near the top of that list. Can't wait for kickoff. GO JACKETS!!! STING 'EM!!!
I am with you Alley Cat. With all the posting from our great fans it has made it exciting even sitting at home waiting for 36 more minutes to TML.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds like someone's got a bad case of the Mondays.

Lol. Everyday.
I'm just yanking his chain.

Seriously tho,
I has to execute and D has to get pressure.
Good win, little rusty. It will get better.

Good day Gents.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Big time to find a way to win against a very tough defense. Could not establish the dive against that defense, could not get blocks out on the edge. Thomas is still a weapon when we can give him time to throw and Jeune, Searcy, and Stewart made some big time catches.

I'm also very optimistic that with the exception of one broken play, that our Defense kept the running game in check. Hilliman is a talented RB.

I don't know what this game shows. Our defense is probably not as good as it looked, our offense, especially our running game, not as bad as it looks. The good news is that is the best D our team will face all season with the possible exception of Clemson.

Boston College outplayed us and we stole the game in the end. Let's hope that means good things to come.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
We let a very good defense have all spring and summer to prep for our offense. BC could have held Clemson's offense with that much preparation. Their offense is awful. They had 1 drive and a busted play. If someone told me before the game we'd score 17 pts I would have been happy.
This game was never going to be a blowout.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Everyday.
I'm just yanking his chain. .
Rock, just yanking yours as well. In all seriousness, do I think we played well? No. Will we improve? I think so. Am I disheartened? No (I'm remembering all the naysayers in 2014 when we barely got by GA Southern). We just won a game when things looked bleak. We had to drive the ball down the field against a defensive team that had 7 starters and a lot of experience returning from what was (in some statistical categories) the top ranked defense in the nation last year. JT seemed to have the spark from '14 that was missing last year due to injuries (his and teammates), lack of proven receivers, and a spotty OL. Hopefully he can build off it.

99jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We let a very good defense have all spring and summer to prep for our offense. BC could have held Clemson's offense with that much preparation. Their offense is awful. They had 1 drive and a busted play. If someone told me before the game we'd score 17 pts I would have been happy.
This game was never going to be a blowout.
I agree about the preparation but they had a couple other drives where they were moving and we got turnovers. Against a team that has better ball control we could have been in trouble.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Rock, just yanking yours as well. In all seriousness, do I think we played well? No. Will we improve? I think so. Am I disheartened? No (I'm remembering all the naysayers in 2014 when we barely got by GA Southern). We just won a game when things looked bleak. We had to drive the ball down the field against a defensive team that had 7 starters and a lot of experience returning from what was (in some statistical categories) the top ranked defense in the nation last year. JT seemed to have the spark from '14 that was missing last year due to injuries (his and teammates), lack of proven receivers, and a spotty OL. Hopefully he can build off it.

difference is we went up by 28 points against a pretty good team then had to hold on for the "W".