Gameday unis

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Blue pants are horrible. Should be white pants with blue jerseys like in 1990. How difficult is it to get this correct. While I will be rooting for us to win every game this year, based on past performance (or lack thereof), I hope Collins takes the blue pants along with Money Down, the Juice Crew and much of his other stupid stuff that looks cute when you're winning, but looks ridiculous when you are utterly unprepared to face The Citadel, NIU, Clemson, ND and UGa. Hoping Long and Weinke can get the offense going, but amazing how me miss opportunities to look like Georgia Tech when we're on national TV and instead look like a MAC team. Ugh....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Blue pants are horrible. Should be white pants with blue jerseys like in 1990. How difficult is it to get this correct. While I will be rooting for us to win every game this year, based on past performance (or lack thereof), I hope Collins takes the blue pants along with Money Down, the Juice Crew and much of his other stupid stuff that looks cute when you're winning, but looks ridiculous when you are utterly unprepared to face The Citadel, NIU, Clemson, ND and UGa. Hoping Long and Weinke can get the offense going, but amazing how me miss opportunities to look like Georgia Tech when we're on national TV and instead look like a MAC team. Ugh....

I mean, the blue pants looked good when we beat UNC last year...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Disagree. The team effort looked great. The pants looked horrible.

Tomorrow will look like Toledo versus Clemson. Let’s hope Toledo can pull the upset.

Just pointing out that your post seemed more about taking a potshot at CGC than the color of the pants. You said they were ridiculous when we were losing, but last time we wore them we pulled the upset.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Just pointing out that your post seemed more about taking a potshot at CGC than the color of the pants. You said they were ridiculous when we were losing, but last time we wore them we pulled the upset.

Perhaps. Easy to take potshots at Collins when he comes in and changes traditions and wins 3 a year.

Like Crash Davis said, you win 20 in the show and you can let the fungus grow on your shower shoes and everyone thinks you’re cool. You win three games a year and people gripe about the team not running out behind the Wreck, all blue units when the players are posting pics in GBW and guys dancing on the sideline when down by 30.

Sort of comes with the territory. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Perhaps. Easy to take potshots at Collins when he comes in and changes traditions and wins 3 a year.

Like Crash Davis said, you win 20 in the show and you can let the fungus grow on your shower shoes and everyone thinks you’re cool. You win three games a year and people gripe about the team not running out behind the Wreck, all blue units when the players are posting pics in GBW and guys dancing on the sideline when down by 30.

Sort of comes with the territory. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Blue pants was a CGC invention?

Guess you didn't watch the end of the CPJ era...

1662337538398.png

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Holy hell. Stop with the bitching with the uniforms . The players choose the uniforms, that has been said every single year. The players love the blue uniforms. Wore blue against NC state, Louisville, unc, Duke, etc. Y’all find something to ***** about every single day, in every single thread. Shocker: kids nowadays like flashy uniforms that stand out, they aren’t all about the classics like some of the posters on here.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Holy hell. Stop with the bitching with the uniforms . The players choose the uniforms, that has been said every single year. The players love the blue uniforms. Wore blue against NC state, Louisville, unc, Duke, etc. Y’all find something to ***** about every single day, in every single thread. Shocker: kids nowadays like flashy uniforms that stand out, they aren’t all about the classics like some of the posters on here.

And it’s unfortunate that we’ve lost our classic uniforms. Best uniforms in college football. Uniforms the Dallas Cowboys based their uniforms on. We stink at football. At least we could look good. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Never said it was his idea. Just want them to go away with him. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Actually, you did.

Perhaps. Easy to take potshots at Collins when he comes in and changes traditions and wins 3 a year

Since the thread topic is Gameday Unis, the obvious takeaway is you blame him for the color scheme changes and feel it is fair to blame him for it since we only win 3 games a year now. If you want to slam CGC, take it to another thread where it is appropriate. Otherwise, don't be shocked when people respond with facts to claims that are demonstrably false.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Actually, you did.

Since the thread topic is Gameday Unis, the obvious takeaway is you blame him for the color scheme changes and feel it is fair to blame him for it since we only win 3 games a year now. If you want to slam CGC, take it to another thread where it is appropriate. Otherwise, don't be shocked when people respond with facts to claims that are demonstrably false.

I never said he brought in the blue pants. I said he changed traditions (not running behind the Wreck as an example). You’re just wrong on that. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I never said he brought in the blue pants. I said he changed traditions (not running behind the Wreck as an example). You’re just wrong on that. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It wouldn't be hard to misinterpret if you stuck to the thread topic. When you throw out pot shots at CGC in a game day uni thread and claim changing traditions, it's the natural assumption to takeaway. Either way, stick to the thread topic. This thread is about Monday nights uniform, not any of your other beefs with CGC.