Gameday! Cornell

Good adjustments at the half. Better ball movement and shooting. White is a leaper and the bigs played well. Much to still work on, but the team seems to be going in the right direction.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Was worried about he spread when Cornell cut the lead down to 2 a couple of times to start the 2nd half.

81 - 116 GT with the win.

Wish the "d" would have been a bit better in the 1st half.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Looks like a totally different offense. Quick ball movement and strike. None of the no one wants to score crap from last year. Game against Cornell doesn't show much of anything but it was certainly fun to watch

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
It was amazing to see them run the floor and on offense have ball movement. Also we made open jumpers!!!!!!!! Perimeter defense is still not very good, good teams will eat us alive if they play D like that again. Heath and Travis( he should never shoot a jumper) did alright but I would like to see:
PG: Smith
SG: Stephens/Jackson
SF: Hunt
PF: Jacobs
F/C: Mitchell
When uga gets the L, and tech wins its a good day. I still can't believe we scored triple digits, and I'm just glad we didn't see standing around then Hunt throwing up a shot with 2 seconds left. Time for the vols!!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jackson & Smith were moving nice without the ball. Lammers looked really good, but need to see it against better competition. Q was a big surprise with more confidence. James White was fun. Jacobs & Mitchell were putting them up, getting them down.

Fun stuff.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Everyone else has said pretty much everything there is to say. Room for the D to improve, but not too concerned given its never been an issue before.

I think Gregory said it best himself: “I said on the radio, ‘I guarantee there ain’t one person who was at the game or listening on the radio that ever thought they’d hear the Georgia Tech team coached by Brian Gregory just scored 116 points.’ That’s a guarantee.”

Definitely is a different offense than we've seen since he's been here. Monday will certainly be a bigger test

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Even when BG played his "small" lineup during the 32-3 run we were bigger and stronger than Cornell. But, I think we will see that a lot this year, especially against teams that do not have a lot of size inside. The new guys add a lot, and MGH seems to like having more athleticism on the floor to share the load.

Worries:
We need to buy Smith a red cape so everyone will know he's playing defense.
I like the faster pace, but an open 3-point shot with 25 seconds on the shot clock is not going to be our style.
At one time Cornell was 11-22 on 3-point shots and I do not think many were challenged at all. Why?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Aliens from the planet where they never heard of defense!

Where is the defense? Too many easy layups for Cornell.

After this year's football, I won't question any win!

On my tablet where I watched part of the game, there was a chart showing score versus time. What I was amazed by was the accuracy of our shooting, the damn ball just kept going in. Our scoring was very steady throughout the game ..... no flat spots. There was a 5 minute period where Cornell scored like crazy, then had a long dry spell. If we hadn't scored so quick, Cornell wouldn't have had so many opportunities to score.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Watching the replay now, without the bourbon. Cornell hit some 3s they had no business hitting. Not many team will have big men dragging Lammers and Jacobs out to the arc. Most glaring weakness is defensive rotation. Help side defense was basically non existent.

Last night we moved the ball with a purpose unlike many games last year. It was relatively simple, give to the wing cut to the corner take it back get the angle to feed the post where we had an obvious advantage.

Jacobs looks to be strong with both hands and turning over either shoulder. James White looks a lot like Kam Holsey before the knee injury. When Jorgy pushes the ball we excel, especially with Mitchell and White willing to run and Smith spotting up.

We fix up the defensive rotation we could be an NIT team for sure

Also, the three Jorgy takes and makes around 4:36 of the first half looks a lot better than last years shot