Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GT loses by less than 5

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • GT loses by more than 5

Votes: 38 60.3%

• Total voters

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan
I like that our football and basketball programs are setting new precedents for the history of GT sports. At what point do you say enough and commit yourself to a better future/result. As Lombardi said, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
After thinking about this, I blame our AD for a lot of this. Pastner ruined a decent team one year that had Lammers and Okogie on it by getting Okogie suspended for part of the year. He also made a bad decision trying to make Lammers a post player on that team but the main problem was the Bell fiasco. Stansbury let him get a free ride on the Bell fiasco. Strike one Stansbury. Some AD's meet with coaches once a week to discuss the progress of the program. Did our AD tell the coach that not practicing was a poor idea? - don't think so but would love to hear his answer to that question. You've heard of yes men right, our AD is an "ok man" - he just says ok to everything. That's not leadership. Strike 2. I'm not sure about what he has done to our football program either but we will give it some time. Could be strike 3.
That Paul Hewitt contract set GT basketball back decades. Let that sink in. It's the reason we have coaches like Brian Gregory and Josh Pastner. Bobinsky really didn't help any at all. TSTAN is not to blame in my opinion. How hands have been tied behind his back, partly explains the football side too.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Said that the commentators even had to comment that we might have tired legs after Wednesday's game. That shouldn't even be a realistic discussion.
Legit question here, why shouldn’t that be a discussion that we’d have tired legs? Not saying we still shouldn’t beat Mercer, but why wouldn’t a commentator bring up us having tired legs, playing 48 hours after the longest game in team history with a short bench? Seems like any rational commentator would discuss that during the game.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Didn’t watch a single minute of the game. Went out and got drunk with friends. Got on here to see what was happening on the football forum and saw where this thread had 80+ replies and thought, “Oh no”. Losing to Mercer? I mean, wtf? I think at this point we can all agree that Pastner has to go, it’s just a matter of how soon until we can afford it. The dude hasn’t beaten UGA once, and now he’s lost to Georgia State and Mercer on top of it? It’s embarrassing for GT basketball. Pastner is doing irreparable damage to the GT basketball program. It can’t be allowed to go on for much longer. F*** what happened last year. Banks was the best player on the floor, and now that he’s gone there’s nobody to replace him. GT basketball may never recover from the 2010s era. The only sport GT is competitive in even with in-State teams now is baseball, and we haven’t gotten out of a regional since 2008. GD embarrassing.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
The losses alone are not the reason this may be biggest setback in 15 years, it’s the strong finish last year, the collective talent returning, Pastner’s magical 5th year, but most importantly “get old, stay old”, and “it’s a guard’s league.” This season Pastner has the two pillars he’s been preaching is what he needs to win - veteran players, and the a very experienced 4-guard backcourt rotation. And now he says in the Presser that they really miss James Banks. I respect he said he’s to blame, but get your a** in gear, you now have what you’ve been crying out about for years. His coaching grade so far is an F followed by another F.

Deleted member 2897

The losses alone are not the reason this may be biggest setback in 15 years, it’s the strong finish last year, the collective talent returning, Pastner’s magical 5th year, but most importantly “get old, stay old”, and “it’s a guard’s league.” This season Pastner has the two pillars he’s been preaching is what he needs to win - veteran players, and the a very experienced 4-guard backcourt rotation. And now he says in the Presser that they really miss James Banks. I respect he said he’s to blame, but get your a** in gear, you now have what you’ve been crying out about for years. His coaching grade so far is an F followed by another F.

Yep. I don’t know if it was his non-contact practice strategy or what, but both of these individually were totally inexcusable. I hate it for him and his players. But suddenly he’s made an unwatchable product. I’m sad, because now I’m moving on. Hurts too much not to.

After much prayer and talking with my family and friends, I’ve decided to decommit from sadness. My recruitment to any other emotion is wide open. Please respect my decision. No interviews please.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Legit question here, why shouldn’t that be a discussion that we’d have tired legs? Not saying we still shouldn’t beat Mercer, but why wouldn’t a commentator bring up us having tired legs, playing 48 hours after the longest game in team history with a short bench? Seems like any rational commentator would discuss that during the game.
Sub 24 year olds with over 36 hours to rest... A piss poor excuse IMO. If it'd been 18 hours, I give some, just some credence to it.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
That Paul Hewitt contract set GT basketball back decades. Let that sink in. It's the reason we have coaches like Brian Gregory and Josh Pastner. Bobinsky really didn't help any at all. TSTAN is not to blame in my opinion. How hands have been tied behind his back, partly explains the football side too.
But didn't Stansbury extend Pastner's contract? I may be off base, but I'm starting worry about people in leadership positions.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
You cannot fire Pastner if you do not have the resources to bring in a better coach. You bring in a dud we will probably lose the recruiting class and we are set back another 5 years. However, if we had a rich sonar who wanted to finance bringing in a proven coach then we have something to think about.
Pastner needs to scrap this non contact bs. Either play ball or don't. I would rather risk not playing at all than the crap we are seeing on the court. This team looks like they have not practiced at all and just showed up for the games.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I agree we are stuck with Pastner. With the way this team is playing we may be 0-5 before we play Florida A&M. No disrespect to A&M, but we've got Kentucky, Nebraska, and FSU coming up.

GT_EE78

Banned
You cannot fire Pastner if you do not have the resources to bring in a better coach. You bring in a dud we will probably lose the recruiting class and we are set back another 5 years. However, if we had a rich sonar who wanted to finance bringing in a proven coach then we have something to think about.
Pastner needs to scrap this non contact bs. Either play ball or don't. I would rather risk not playing at all than the crap we are seeing on the court. This team looks like they have not practiced at all and just showed up for the games.
Say What? has CJP had them practicing with pretend balls?