Game winner: Jamal Haynes

FEWrecker

Georgia Tech Fan
Have not followed Football recruitment as close.
The Wreck Talk host on YouTube suggested Collins recruited Jamal but almost took his scholarship away to cut him as head coach.
If so, what a poetic justice to potential cost Collin’s’ 1.1 million DC job in one play.
May see some one without socks applying unemployment after this season 😁

Last edited:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Really only guy that “misplayed” badly was the ROLB or nickel 21,who stayed outside instead of hitting the hole. Probably thought Jamal was going outside.
MLB got blocked by 54, LOLB hesitated on Pyrons ball fake, then got caught in the jet wake from him blasting through the hole.
Biggest difference was both safeties were outside the hashes, and the closest one 29 was hobbling, while 28 couldn’t make it over in time to save the TD.
Wait… so what you’re saying is that our offensive players and offensive coaches made good calls and executed a play really well that perfectly countered the defensive alignments and defensive play that was called? Perish the thought :geek:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
All I know and all that matters is we executed Jamal's run perfectly in a most critical and desperate game deciding moment. I don't give a crap about what the defenders did or did not do.
So you would’ve been OK with Jamaal getting tackled by an unblocked defender filling his assigned gap? It’s not like we blocked everybody dude. Without their misplay, the game goes to overtime. I can guarantee you our opponents enjoy our misplays on defense.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
So you would’ve been OK with Jamaal getting tackled by an unblocked defender filling his assigned gap? It’s not like we blocked everybody dude. Without their misplay, the game goes to overtime. I can guarantee you our opponents enjoy our misplays on defense.
Lol. We blocked every one that needed to be blocked, to perfection. If the play confused a defender and the defender took himself out of the play, why are you blaming our offense. Your argument makes no sense.

gtbeak

Ramblin' Wreck
By definition you can't block everyone. 11 > 9. So, in fact you can't block 2 guys. A good runner should be able to beat any tackler 1:1

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
This is comical.
Yeah, pretty much. If both teams have 11 players and one offensive player totes the rock, how does the O block every defensive player? Answer, you don’t… never do.

That play was extremely well blocked and Haynes took it to the house for the W.

I don’t know what the angst is. We were running all over them, over 300 yards at the time, and we had a 2nd string QB in the game. We had three ways to possibly win:
1. TD
2. FG
3. OT

We were moving the ball some, but needed about 2 more 1st downs to get into FG range and hope Birr hits. We had ~40 secs and 2 TO’s. Plenty of time. We called a play that had seen success and the OL blew it up and the RB housed it for the win.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer
Really only guy that “misplayed” badly was the ROLB or nickel 21,who stayed outside instead of hitting the hole. Probably thought Jamal was going outside.
MLB got blocked by 54, LOLB hesitated on Pyrons ball fake, then got caught in the jet wake from him blasting through the hole.
Biggest difference was both safeties were outside the hashes, and the closest one 29 was hobbling, while 28 couldn’t make it over in time to save the TD.

No…we didn’t.
Yes we did, 54 got the LB and 55 got the DE/S to open thr lane. Their 29 should not have been the game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
So your argument has degenerated to: We didn’t block all the necessary players on a play where there was a 5-yard wide hole that our RB blew through to a 68-yard game-winning TD run? Really? Do you have any idea how nuts that is?

Pardon me if I just go ahead and LOL. 😂
That play was executed about as well as it could be. Blocking at point of attack was textbook and Jamal hit the hole so fast they couldn't react. The safeties were wide trying to protect the boundary passes and couldn't get to him either. The stars were in alignment for that play and great execution.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
That play was executed about as well as it could be. Blocking at point of attack was textbook and Jamal hit the hole so fast they couldn't react. The safeties were wide trying to protect the boundary passes and couldn't get to him either. The stars were in alignment for that play and great execution.
It was a fabulous play as it turned out. I think some of these guys are thinking, “But what if it didn’t?” Well, we’d have had 2 TO’s still and 30 seconds left.

I guess they wanted CBF to pass the ball all over the lot and risk an interception instead of doing what worked all game long? I don’t get it but maybe I’m deficient.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer
We’d run without much success for 6 straight plays before that series after putting Pyron in so it’s easy to see why people wouldn’t want us to run right away again late like that.

BUT: we didn’t! We picked up 7 on a first down pass.

Even if you want to throw downfield next, running to pick up the first there after showing the outside pass and the D also having to worry about the downfield throw makes sense to reset the downs and give you more shots, with 20+s left still and timeouts in hand.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So your argument has degenerated to: We didn’t block all the necessary players on a play where there was a 5-yard wide hole that our RB blew through to a 68-yard game-winning TD run? Really? Do you have any idea how nuts that is?

Pardon me if I just go ahead and LOL. 😂
You don’t have to be a douche to make a point. I already said we blocked the play well at the line of scrimmage. However, we were aided by poor gap integrity by the linebackers. That’s all I said. I’m not taking anything away from Jamaal. He’s probably my favorite player on the whole team. I’m not laughing out loud at your comment. I’m just shaking my head at your need to put other posters down to make yourself feel like a big shot.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You don’t have to be a douche to make a point. I already said we blocked the play well at the line of scrimmage. However, we were aided by poor gap integrity by the linebackers. That’s all I said. I’m not taking anything away from Jamaal. He’s probably my favorite player on the whole team. I’m not laughing out loud at your comment. I’m just shaking my head at your need to put other posters down to make yourself feel like a big shot.
Apologies for being a “douche.” Please forgive.

The consistent drumbeat of these conversations is just getting very old. I cannot remember what each person has said. So If you acknowledged such then good. Anyway, I’ve moved on to ND.

I’m not a big shot either, BTW. In fact, I’m pretty much a broken down knucklehead who loves CFB and our Jackets.