Game Thread - @ UNC, 1/4/2020

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Started at 8.5 and now 7.5 Still surprised at that line. Unfortunately says more about how we are perceived. I haven't bet a GT game in a long time but I think I would take the points.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Started at 8.5 and now 7.5 Still surprised at that line. Unfortunately says more about how we are perceived. I haven't bet a GT game in a long time but I think I would take the points.
Don't do it!! This Tech team will have more turnovers than foul shots against UNC.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean I think this game will come down to guard play.

Guard play is what college basketball is all about. You have to have great guard play to win a NC two A game these days, because it is all about the guard play. Basically it comes down to how our guards play today, if we play better in our back court than they do, we will win this game.

It is going to be all about the guard play, or said differently the way our guards play. James Banks needs to be aggressive, but really it just comes down to the guard play, because this is college basketball, and if you didn’t know - it is all about the guard play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Coach! Obsess much?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This probably is Roy's worse team and best player out (Anthony) plus another starter. Always tough in CH with crowd and refs. If we can't beat them today it says how far behind we are in all aspects of our program.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The joke from UNC alums is what is the difference between culture and agriculture.

25 miles.
(for the uninformed that is distance from Chapel Hill to NCSU).

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting to see Roy's strategy. He likes fast pace with kick out passes to the wing on missed shots and tries to beat the defense back. Their half court is not great this year. Some of our problems with not good outside shooting without Anthony.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The joke from UNC alums is what is the difference between culture and agriculture.

25 miles.
(for the uninformed that is distance from Chapel Hill to NCSU).
It's an interesting, but dated meme. NCSU is sitting on some of the most valuable land in NC. And, the NC State College of Engineering is ranked #12 among public institutions. The cow college rep may have been true long ago, but that is not the case now. As for CH having more culture than Raleigh??? Ha! CH even lags behind Durham.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Drive over to the State faculty club and see the cows. It has changed a lot the last few years and the centennial campus is impressive. The joke is from UNC alums.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It's an interesting, but dated meme. NCSU is sitting on some of the most valuable land in NC. And, the NC State College of Engineering is ranked #12 among public institutions. The cow college rep may have been true long ago, but that is not the case now. As for CH having more culture than Raleigh??? Ha! CH even lags behind Durham.
You must be a State alum. I have kids that graduated from each of those schools. Raleigh is actually a city now. I took grad EE classes at State while still working. Pretty good program but graded easier than GT. Based a lot on team projects. Overall it was good.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
You must be a State alum. I have kids that graduated from each of those schools. Raleigh is actually a city now. I took grad EE classes at State while still working. Pretty good program but graded easier than GT. Based a lot on team projects. Overall it was good.
Not an alum, but NC is home. I want the memes to be correct.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I live there too. Not far from CH Hillsborough and Durham. Been here 45 years. Still think it is a clever joke. I actually had a better experience with NCSU faculty and administration than UNC. No bone to pick.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ok I know I am one of the eternal optimists on this board, but I am calling a GT win by 10 points. This is the kind of environment that will get Jose fired up and I think Devoe found his shooting stroke last out.

Moses will match up well too, and if Banks doesn’t get his head right soon he is going to see his shot at the league pass him by.

I think things line up well for our boys this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, that just happened!!! Combined with how closely we played FSU most of the game, we might actually do something this year.