Game Thread - @ Louisville,1/22

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Nothing to lose, when two or more out, it doesn’t count.
Swarm 101, taught me that lesson. Re: 2019-2020 season.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Pastner also said our record is better than what it is. Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean

Almost as annoying as his habit of saying "verse" when he means "versus"
He’s doing his best selling our “improvement.” It’s what every coach with a record similar to ours does. I’m numb to it. Show me W’s and I’ll buy it.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I personally like Pastner, last two games has me questioning more than ever if he is the fit. He deserves the remainder of season to reverse trend. I don't think he manages rotations well at all. He admits as such. He's the youngest coach in ACC but seems out of touch with more current day 8-9 man rotation. He stands stubborn on this. He would agree this team should never be 8-10. And here's a fair critique. At tourney time, we see so many programs where you can see how a team gets COACHED UP. This season, so far, I think Pastner has coached this team DOWN. The greatest evidence was running the high post, and weaves that had Banks and Wright 15-25 feet away from basket. We ALL seemed to know that system, for this team, was fatally flawed. For that reason Pastner coached us down. He changed about 5+ games ago and we have seen much better flow, and it got Banks out of his hibernation. I think that high post put Banks way out of his comfort and impacted all other aspects of his play. Leave Banks in paint and let him guard the yard! Don't complicate it. To his credit, Pastner in year 1 coached that team WAY UP. I'm open to him turning this season around, and just hope to see far fewer post game pressers starting with, "All the credit goes to the players and coaches of FILL IN THE BLANK OPPOSING TEAM."

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
He's been blabbering the record line for 4 years.
Can we put up a banner for what our record should have been?

In all seriousness I think a good bit of this is on the coaching staff. This team has enough talent to be good by letting them showcase athleticism in late game situations, yet we slow everything down and get into a half court set that we can’t execute out of. Team should have been an 18-22 win team. As it stands we will be lucky to get to 15