1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Game Thread - @ Louisville,1/22

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by dtm1997, Jan 20, 2020.

1. connell62

connell62 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Last night, Bubba played 19 minutes and didn't attempt a FG. He's too good of a shooter not to look for his shot more often.

As someone else mentioned, I've love to see him get into the lane and shoot that pull-up. Just be more aggressive offensively.

In my opinion, the lack of a third option on the perimeter is what is hurting this team the most. Usher is non-existent, and Bubba just won't be assertive.

bwelbo likes this.
  2. GTbball2016

GTbball2016 Helluva Engineer

You’re fooling yourself if you think there won’t be a mass exodus of transfers this offseason if the ban is in place

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

That's a bet I'd take actually. Cole, Usher, Moses, Alvarado, Parham - I think next year is all of their final eligibilities? And Devoe will be a Junior. I can't imagine being somewhere for so long and then transferring out for your last year.

4. GTbball2016

If the ban is in place, any of them can transfer without penalty. You don’t think Jose and Moses wouldn’t love the chance to play in the NCAA Tournament? Jose was close to going to Rutgers out of high school. He would be welcomed back there.

5. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

Nobody knows what they think, and at this point there is nothing hinting at a mass exodus

6. gte447f

gte447f Helluva Engineer

I don’t know how the NCAA appeal process works or whether or not we can drop the appeal and take the post season ban this year, but if we can then that’s what we should do.

7. gte447f

gte447f Helluva Engineer

It’s been a long day, but by my math, 9-3 from here on out only gets us to 17-14. 8-4 gets us to 16-15. Both of those outcomes are unlikely in my opinion, but either would still require a deep run or a championship win in the ACC tourney to get into the NCAA tourney.

8. GTbball2016

Yep it would be the best thing they could do at this juncture if it’s still possible

9. majorQ9

majorQ9 Ramblin' Wreck

Never drop the appeal and admit guilt with the NCAA. Deny deny deny

10. Silk3

Silk3 Helluva Engineer

I dont see Jose transferring. His girlfriend is from and works in the area and has a daughter and she is pregnant with Jose’s kid. So shes pretty settled here.

connell62 and LargeFO like this.