Game thread - @ Kentucky, 12/14/2019

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Worthless, distracting to our program, and utterly uncalled for during the season.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Unless we go on a massive win streak once we get into January with full complement of players (which I don't expect) I'm with @Peacone36 on this.

I do agree however that it is useless to comment on coaching changes at this stage.

$$$$$$

I agree with you both but it's funny. Two coaching regimes ago, it was all the rage to call for our coach's firing.

That's actually why ol' c62 is fighting against it. Made all GT boards toxic so I know he's right. Still, it's hard not to acknowledge realities.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I agree with you both but it's funny. Two coaching regimes ago, it was all the rage to call for our coach's firing.

That's actually why ol' c62 is fighting against it. Made all GT boards toxic so I know he's right. Still, it's hard not to acknowledge realities.

That is exactly my point. Thanks for stating that KG. It's not like I am over here pounding Josh Pastner for life drum, but we don't need an indictment after every game.

Even with a 100% healthy team and clicking on all cylinders, a victory on the road in Rupp wasn't likely, and people are on here acting like we just lost to Wofford.

There's no need to have a referendum on Pastner in every thread. Eventually this board will either turn on itself (like it is beginning too) or people will just stop coming (like they are beginning too).

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
To me, CJP's recruiting class next year shows real promise, along with Usher coming in soon. Recruiting is a process for a new guy coming into a new area and it takes time to build relationships and I see some real progress with next year's class. . Let's give him our support at least for the rest of this year and see where we are. I wonder what Mr. Usher is thinking when he reads all this negativity before his son has even played in his first game.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So unless we go on a massive winstreak during the hardest part of our schedule, including a 5 game stretch of 3 top 10 teams, you're with Peac? If that's the case you've already made up your mind lol.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Just wanted to add that if any if you guys/gals ever get the chance to watch a game from Rupp Arena please do it. The entire atmosphere is nonstop action from the tip. They have great student sections, entertainment during timeouts and they are loud.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just wanted to add that if any if you guys/gals ever get the chance to watch a game from Rupp Arena please do it. The entire atmosphere is nonstop action from the tip. They have great student sections, entertainment during timeouts and they are loud.

Assuming all of our tickets were in a block and they sold a decent amount of the 300-400 we had access to, our fans either missed out by not buying or sold their tickets to Kentucky fans for profit, like a bunch of ****bags.

Awesome environment and Lexington had a nice vibe to it, walking around after the game. I hope we schedule home & home there again in the next few years.

GT11

GT Athlete
To me, CJP's recruiting class next year shows real promise, along with Usher coming in soon. Recruiting is a process for a new guy coming into a new area and it takes time to build relationships and I see some real progress with next year's class. . Let's give him our support at least for the rest of this year and see where we are. I wonder what Mr. Usher is thinking when he reads all this negativity before his son has even played in his first game.

Totally agree.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Assuming all of our tickets were in a block and they sold a decent amount of the 300-400 we had access to, our fans either missed out by not buying or sold their tickets to Kentucky fans for profit, like a bunch of ****bags.

Awesome environment and Lexington had a nice vibe to it, walking around after the game. I hope we schedule home & home there again in the next few years.
Yeah I think I only saw about 6 Tech fans in the place..

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah I think I only saw about 6 Tech fans in the place..

I think I saw maybe 15-20, including Devoe's mom & sister, who were up in the nosebleeds with the rest of us.

The production value there was fantastic, but it seems a bit too produced, not organic enough.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer

And, according to Mr. Bilas they also have the best ice cream of any college arena in the country.

/

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Bilas on the broadcast went off for about 5 minutes on the ice cream. Had multiple shots of ice cream in the stands and ended up with his own ice cream cone that he devoured in about 5 bites. Actually pretty weird part of the broadcast.