Game of Thrones

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately I agree that this season is lacking. It does seem rushed and ill though out. Its the worse season, to this point, of all

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
*No Spoilers*

Am I the only one who thinks the writing and plot development has been rather lazy this season? Such a lack of character development of any characters besides Danaerys. No focus on Cercie or how she has continued ruling Kings Landing. I could go on but I'm just overally disappointed

This was sort of explained in the after episode Q&A. They purposely did that so they could introduce the scorpions mounted on the city walls and in the armada. "While the story focused on DT, we had to show her enemies werent just sitting around doing nothing"

As far as character development I would agree, but now that they are paring down characters for the the finale (Tormund, Sam, Gilly, Missandei all gone now along with those lost in the battle) you are going to see more screen time for the folks that matter most.

Also, im not thrilled with that Bronn scene last night. Seems to be counter to everything the first seven seasons built in those relationships, but maybe thats the point, hes a cutthroat until the end.

I am really happy to see that the Hound is heading off to finally confront the Mountain however.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
This was sort of explained in the after episode Q&A. They purposely did that so they could introduce the scorpions mounted on the city walls and in the armada. "While the story focused on DT, we had to show her enemies werent just sitting around doing nothing"

As far as character development I would agree, but now that they are paring down characters for the the finale (Tormund, Sam, Gilly, Missandei all gone now along with those lost in the battle) you are going to see more screen time for the folks that matter most.

Also, im not thrilled with that Bronn scene last night. Seems to be counter to everything the first seven seasons built in those relationships, but maybe thats the point, hes a cutthroat until the end.

I am really happy to see that the Hound is heading off to finally confront the Mountain however.
Yeah wrf was that bs with Ser Bronne? We always knew he wasnt found a Jamie and Tyrion but they bad moments that seemed like they were actually buds... I guess he just wants what he feels is his.. anyways.. I'm gonna keep watching. I've come to far to turn back now, even tho there haven't been any good brothel scenes this season hahaha

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Yeah wrf was that bs with Ser Bronne? We always knew he wasnt found a Jamie and Tyrion but they bad moments that seemed like they were actually buds... I guess he just wants what he feels is his.. anyways.. I'm gonna keep watching. I've come to far to turn back now, even tho there haven't been any good brothel scenes this season hahaha
My God I need to proofread before posting. That's what I get for GTswarming in the Gym

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The only part of this episode I enjoyed was the Clegane Bowl. I just feel like this entire season is like a last minute Christmas shopping trip...

I was underwhelmed. Waited 10 years for that? I liked the environment but the actual fighting was eh. I also wanted the Hound to survive and potentially turn the corner in his life. But for some reason everyone assumes when a show ends EVERYONE HAS TO DIE

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I was underwhelmed. Waited 10 years for that? I liked the environment but the actual fighting was eh. I also wanted the Hound to survive and potentially turn the corner in his life. But for some reason everyone assumes when a show ends EVERYONE HAS TO DIE
I liked the way Cleganes storyline ended. For me, I knew his only reason for getting back to Kings Landing for the last few seasons. He knew he couldnt be The Mountain. Although, I wouldve been okay with it! That shot where Sandor is on the stair looking up at his brother and the dragon flies overhead..... CHILLS.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
By far the best episode this season. I would like the story line to have led Jamie to have killed his sister as an effort to stop the carnage, rather than die in her arms but everything is ok, Im worried about a stupid ending with Snow and Dany though

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Apparently we did see Rodgers:

Hahahaha! I was going to make a joke yesterday about Rodgers appearing in the manner of “tonight’s special guest star” on Police Squad (wherein the SGS dies in the opening credits). Dang it—I really missed out on points for not making that post...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Where did all the Dothraki and Unsullied come from? The showrunners pretty much said the Dothraki were wiped out by the white walkers and the undead...yet it seemed like they the entire horde made it out unscathed. The Unsullied were presumably wiped out as well protecting Winterfell gates. Yet it's there they were. Seriously, anyone see any Unsullied or Dothraki celebrating last week?

I mean, it's like Dany ordered a bunch of Dothrakis and Unsullied from Amazon Prime and they all got delivered to Kings Landing.

This last season has been a letdown.

BTW, let's not get started on how easily her other dragon was torn to shreds, but facing even more "stingers" and only one dragon she made it through all that unscathed?

Weak stuff man...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The only part of this episode I enjoyed was the Clegane Bowl. I just feel like this entire season is like a last minute Christmas shopping trip...

Yeah, this season has pretty much been that rack in the grocery store. Like, "Of course I want a new charger ... and some 5hour energy .. and some gummies ... and some chapstik .. and some gift cards ... and some mint chocolate thingys ... and some cool ranch doritos .. and some green tea .. and some strangely 'adult' magazine in full view of kids ... and .... and ... and ....

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Yeah, this season has pretty much been that rack in the grocery store. Like, "Of course I want a new charger ... and some 5hour energy .. and some gummies ... and some chapstik .. and some gift cards ... and some mint chocolate thingys ... and some cool ranch doritos .. and some green tea .. and some strangely 'adult' magazine in full view of kids ... and .... and ... and ....

Wow that was a perfect comparison lol

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Last night's episode was the best of the season, but that's not really saying much considering the season's overall quality. The writing on the show has really dropped off since they started going beyond George R. R. Martin's source material in Season 7. Just seems like they want to get it over with. Too many characters do dumb or out-of-character things just to please the fans or wrap up loose ends, all at the cost of good character development. Some of these recent scenes are questionable at best (how did Bronn get into Winterfell with a crossbow unnoticed?!). I hear the head writers are in charge of the next Star Wars trilogy. God help us.