Game of Thrones

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Need to put a spoiler alert in thread title.

I will attempt to speak generically. Some things happened in E3 I expected to come later. Curious if it affects suspense going forward.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
This is an actual spoiler.
What is Arya's vertical? 10', maybe 15'? She was coming down on the Night King like she was shot up in the air from a trampoline.

Separately, I would recommend not clicking on this thread if you're behind and don't want spoilers. Just wait to participate after you're caught up.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
Episode 5 is gonna be fantastic when the iron bank, now debt free and with 10 million gold due to an absolute blunder of a move by average by taking “Lannister’s always pay their debts” a bit too seriously, buys off the golden company and causes a mini civil war on Cersei’s side disallowing them from taking over the North. I guess we won’t find out how small the remaining alive army is for a little bit through.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
not Being critical of the scene itself just the literal lighting of the entire show. Hard to follow at times when action is fast and it actually looks like it’s filmed in the dark. I really meant that I was glad I could see that scene ( not to dark to tell what was happening)

Agree 100%. As far as battle episodes I would rank this episode dead last. Blackwater, Hardhomme, BOTB, WOTW were all better...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I was late to the party and never watched an episode until 4 weeks ago. I binged the entire history and now I'm caught up. The show is just okay to me, but the world absolutely loves it. Episode 3 was pretty kicka$$.
I'm in your boat. It's one of the best above average shows out there. It's a good watch and the fringe benefit is keeping up w/ pop culture and everyone else. But admittedly I'm not a big fantasy guy, so I choose to be passive aggressive with the addicts.

Fantasy allows you to just keep making crap up that avoids any need for common sense, like Arya dropping in on the Night King from 15 feet in the air. No one knows how she got past the thousand dead nor how she can all of the sudden touch the top of a backboard, but it made for a fun finish. (see what I did there?)

Looking forward, I'm expecting the Faceless Man man to reintroduce himself in a big way. It's gonna happen, right? Could he be a faux-Jaime Lannister who had a change of heart and showed up in Winterfell w/ no army? Does he use his proximity to snipe Arya? Whew, man, I'm so good at making crap up, I probably won an Emmy (that's twice, shame on you)

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
You’re missing the opportunity here. Way back in S1 Ned Stark is in the dungeon, J’Quan Hagar is in the dungeon (we are introduced to him as Yoren brings prisoners north to the Wall) so it’s possible that Ned Stark is a faceless man who trained Arya in Bravvos.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is an actual spoiler.
What is Arya's vertical? 10', maybe 15'? She was coming down on the Night King like she was shot up in the air from a trampoline.

Separately, I would recommend not clicking on this thread if you're behind and don't want spoilers. Just wait to participate after you're caught up.

You can't convince me Arya's leap wasn't an homage to Jordan's iconic shot vs the Lakers in the '91 Finals. Impossible distance, with a switch of the hands, tongue waggin? Yeah, that was the dope tribute. I see you, hbo. I see you :p

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I really expected last nights episode to be borrrrrring. Wasnt too bad. It does feel like the writing staff was rushed a bit though. How does DT not see a fleet of ships just below here when shes hundreds of feet in the air?

Lazy.
Ditto, something seems off with this season, which is disappointing since it's the final one.
And adding onto DT not seeing the ships - why didn't she swing around and attack the back of the ships? I doubt the fleet would have time to (1) turn around or (2) get a clear shot with their ballista

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
*No Spoilers*

Am I the only one who thinks the writing and plot development has been rather lazy this season? Such a lack of character development of any characters besides Danaerys. No focus on Cercie or how she has continued ruling Kings Landing. I could go on but I'm just overally disappointed