Game channel for Mercer on Comcast

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
But you can get it for only $30 if you got the annual subscription route ($79.99) for the rest of the games.

Wait and see - it will be cheaper to sit in the Upper North today than it will be to sit in your living room in a few years.
You think that ESPN/other major networks will let that happen? Or are they part of it?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think you can check your WatchESPN access by seeing if you can watch a Replay of last week's Duke vs UNC Central.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
From SB Nation: ESPN's ACC Network: Digial for 2016

"Beginning in August 2016, fans can access more than 600 exclusive live events from across the conference via a digital live-events channel ‘ACC Network Extra', immediately available to users who have access to ESPN3 via WatchESPN and the ESPN app, with that number growing each year. More than 1,300 ACC events will be distributed across the platforms in 2019 when the linear network launches."

If you have a cable subscription (or someone's cable username and password) and already have access to WatchESPN/ESPN3, you can allegedly watch ACC Network games. ESPN's ACC Network will be completely digital for 3 years and will go to cable in 2019 according to the linked article.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The ACCNetwork broadcast will be streamed on WatchESPN. You don't need an ACC Network subscription as long as you have an ESPN subscription.
I can watch watchESPN but it still says the game is locked for me :/ I don't pay for watchESPN I go through my cable provider, so maybe that's the reason?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Here's what we do. For those of us that live out of the state of Georgia that can watch, like myself, we can all exchange phone number with those who are blacked out and we can FaceTime during the game or Skype. Problem solved. Technology and stuff....

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
Buy an Amazon Firestick for $40. Look up "how to jailbreak firestick" YouTube videos. Download the kodi app, follow instructions on video. Then you'll have access to pretty much anything ever aired, new movies, PPV, and you can live stream sporting events.

I no longer have a cable bill. I did pick up Sling for 25/month to supplement my hacked firestick for sports and such so I wouldn't have to stream Tech and Falcons games. Otherwise, it's a very viable and cheap option.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
So one more plug for Sling...

SlingTV's basic package is $20 a month, no contract. That gets you ESPN, ESPN2 and AMC, plus some other stuff. You get access to WatchESPN, but only for stuff on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN3 - no ACC Network or ESPNU.

The SlingTV sports package is another $5 a month, and with that you get everything, including ACC, SEC, ESPNU, etc.

Sling also has a deal where if you sign up you get a free Roku, or a discount off a new AppleTV. So for $25 a month, with no long term contract (cancel after the season is over if you want), you can stream all the GT sports you want to your TV or mobile device, legally.

I honestly don't know why anyone would pay for cable or satellite.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
So one more plug for Sling...

SlingTV's basic package is $20 a month, no contract. That gets you ESPN, ESPN2 and AMC, plus some other stuff. You get access to WatchESPN, but only for stuff on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN3 - no ACC Network or ESPNU.

The SlingTV sports package is another $5 a month, and with that you get everything, including ACC, SEC, ESPNU, etc.

Sling also has a deal where if you sign up you get a free Roku, or a discount off a new AppleTV. So for $25 a month, with no long term contract (cancel after the season is over if you want), you can stream all the GT sports you want to your TV or mobile device, legally.

I honestly don't know why anyone would pay for cable or satellite.
That's a great option, but one issue I've seen is that you end up leaning heavily on your internet service. Comcast and the other cable/ISP companies know that anyone without cable service is streaming all their entertainment and then charge way more for the "unbundled" high speed internet. If you're unwilling to pay up for the high speed connection you get a very low bandwidth service which makes it tough to enjoy those awesome streaming services.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
One more reason to mortgage your house if necessary to watch this game Live.

Al Groh returns to Bobby Dodd Stadium as ESPN analyst

Some of you have not been married long enough to know how to tune some other people out ........... it will be interesting to hear Groh talk about the D. It puts him in a tough place; either he points out the bad parts and is a whiner or points out the good parts and is a homer........

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
He can't be as bad as Kelly Stouffer was last week. In watching the replay, it made me glad I was at the game. He constantly patted himself in the back for saying "I told you so" concerning coach's decisions throughout the game. He finally owned up to it late when we had 2 to's within a minute after he said we should've burned one earlier. Never thought I would've been pining for a Pam ward call :vomit:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOL...wow, Al Groh walking into pre production meetings with our coaching staff is going to be priceless. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that.

Groh: "Hey Coach, tell me about your team this year..."

CPJ:

Groh: "........."

CPJ: "So, Al, how's that 2-gap scheme going for you?"

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I have Comcast and see the game listed through the watch espnapp under the acc network channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk