Game 8 #UNCvsGT Postgame

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I think Brown will soon be enjoying his days relaxing in retirement. UNC alums have seen enough underachievement from the old fart. We’ve done our part to help them move on, three years in a row.

Brown did mention Walker was taken to an area hospital, my goodness what a hit by Harvey, totally clean but never saw it coming, was looking right and missed Harvey coming from his left.
I hope the guy is OK. That was a totally legal big hit. He never saw it.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Ok, this is not something I don't like people to know. After having season tickets for 40 years I had to stop going to the games last year cause my wife has Alzheimer's and I have to keep her on a schedule which is going to bed at 10 pm which sucks on these night games for me. I took her to the spring game to see how she would do and had to leave after 30 minutes. So I told my daughter I would give her the tickets cause she always went to the games with me. hence why I have to watch the games on TV now.
Bless you, stech. I completely understand. Some things are more important than a ball game.

Keep up your support of our Jackets, as best as you can. And take care of your wife.

Keep posting here, too! I always love to read what you say — you’re an important member of this board!

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok, this is not something I don't like people to know. After having season tickets for 40 years I had to stop going to the games last year cause my wife has Alzheimer's and I have to keep her on a schedule which is going to bed at 10 pm which sucks on these night games for me. I took her to the spring game to see how she would do and had to leave after 30 minutes. So I told my daughter I would give her the tickets cause she always went to the games with me. hence why I have to watch the games on TV now.
You’re a good man brother! God bless!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Bless you, stech. I completely understand. Some things are more important than a ball game.

Keep up your support of our Jackets, as best as you can. And take care of your wife.

Keep posting here, too! I always love to read what you say — you’re an important member of this board!
I just hope no one has to go through this it's not easy.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I just hope no one has to go through this it's not easy.
Sorry to hear about this. At our age, FB games are no longer life or death as they may have been when we were younger. When you have to face and deal with REAL problems as we all inevitably do, 3 win seasons and missing bowl games aren't really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
McCollum had one catch for 2 yards. He probably is having more fun hanging out on Franklin Street than North Ave. I thought we would miss him more than we have so far. Singleton and Rutherford are fast. TE play is improving and was big last night.
The Ga. transfer is really coming along. Based on earlier games, I was unsure how much he was going to help us. But his TD's last night were impressive. Especially the second one. Most athletic play I have seen from a GT TE since ?????????

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Seither's been hurt some but now seems to be full go. Jordan Williams was a monster last night and they say he's still not 100%. Singleton was back out there balling.

IMO the margins are thin and GT isn't so deep it can lose it's playmakers and pull off a win like last night. That's depth we need to build develop. JW was an animal run blocking.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wow, everything's there, including the obligatory thread about Prime Time. Caramba, they're 6-2 and fed up, wondering "if they're going to win another game". We've heard it all before, right here.
I noticed too that there was bitching and moaning about the refs while none on this board. The r-squared value between number of referee compaints and the outcome of a game has to be almost 1.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Singleton and Rutherford remind me of Kelly Campbell and Charley Rogers.
Curse the NIL. The worst part of the offseason will be worrying about matching or bettering Singleton's other job offers that he will be sure to receive. And Rutherford is a better version of Nate McCollum imo.

Let's toss Jamal Haynes into the discussion. He reminds me of the Jerry Mays, Malcolm King and Cory Collier type back in stature. Anyone else notice he stood up two defenders and drove them backwards into the EZ similar to his pile driving run down at the U?

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Curse the NIL. The worst part of the offseason will be worrying about matching or bettering Singleton's other job offers that he will be sure to receive. And Rutherford is a better version of Nate McCollum imo.

Let's toss Jamal Haynes into the discussion. He reminds me of the Jerry Mays, Malcolm King and Cory Collier type back in stature. Anyone else notice he stood up two defenders and drove them backwards into the EZ similar to his pile driving run down at the U?
GT offered to match McCollum’s NC NIL money. He wanted to play with Maye. GT is now in a better position with King.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
GT offered to match McCollum’s NC NIL money. He wanted to play with Maye. GT is now in a better position with King.
And he had a right to make his own decision about this, so I don’t want to dump on him, but part of me has to feel like the program will get better and better as we weed out players who are not totally bought into Tech.