Game 8 #UNCvsGT Postgame

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Was their QB named Streeter? If so, I was at that game. My wife pulled a plastic sheet over herself and looked at her feet the entire game. It was only surpassed in miserable games by the cold, rainy game in Athens around 1974 or maybe 75 but we won that one in the mud.
Yes, Jimmy Streeter. Were you down in the lower corner of the stands with all the Tech folk. If so, you probably remember the explosion when Streeter ran for the score.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As I’ve seen some relatives age, some of them can’t stand up much. If the crowd around them is standing, then they see butts instead of the game.
Likewise, they can’t hear the game if everyone around them is shouting
It’s not fair to the high energy fans to make them sit. It’s not fair to the fans who can’t stand to make them stand. We should find a way to sort fans by energy.
You know how Tennessee fans sit in sections alternating orange clothes and white clothes.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was at the BC game and was quite frustrated at being told to sit down when I was trying to stand up and yell on every defensive down. Back when I was in band, it was frequently drilled into me that “There’s no sitting in football!”
Go stand with the band then. There should absolutely be sections where everyone can stand, but there should absolutely be sections where people can sit and cheer and watch the game. Not everyone wants to stand the whole game. I CCNA be as loud sitting as I am not miserable after the first 10 minutes of the game.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Band taught us well. There were numerous times againse UNC that I was the only one yelling (as loud as I can) in my section it seemed like. I don't get how you can just idly watch the opposing offense run their plays without trying to affect them at all.
I think I get really frustrated because I live on the other side of the country and don’t often get the opportunity to attend games and actually be able to affect the opposing team. Being on campus for the first time in 5 years and seeing the attitude of a significant portion of attendees, I’m not surprised that we’ve struggled at BDS so much this year. In the CPJ years, there would be enough noise, even against weaker teams, that our stadium was a hostile place for opposing quarterbacks.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
As I’ve seen some relatives age, some of them can’t stand up much. If the crowd around them is standing, then they see butts instead of the game.
Likewise, they can’t hear the game if everyone around them is shouting
It’s not fair to the high energy fans to make them sit. It’s not fair to the fans who can’t stand to make them stand. We should find a way to sort fans by energy.
There should be a section where standing is not allowed/encouraged. In my 70s now and I have no interest in standing for the better part of 3 hours. The physical tool isn't worth it anymore. I suspect there are thousands of older fans who feel the same. If there was a section for these fans our attendance might increase. Then the fans who want to stand and scream wouldn't be inhibited. Not easy to pull off but worth the AA's efforts to look into such a concept.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There should be a section where standing is not allowed/encouraged. In my 70s now and I have no interest in standing for the better part of 3 hours. The physical tool isn't worth it anymore. I suspect there are thousands of older fans who feel the same. If there was a section for these fans our attendance might increase. Then the fans who want to stand and scream wouldn't be inhibited. Not easy to pull off but worth the AA's efforts to look into such a concept.
Maybe those Gold seats where nobody ever sits at anyway would be a great spot for this!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of people in the club just use football games as a social event/networking or don't even attend/use the tickets. I've sat there a few times in the last couple seasons since STHs dump them for $50 on secondary markets but I'm at the point where friends and I would rather just pay for our drinks and at least get the atmosphere that comes with sitting lower west.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Go stand with the band then. There should absolutely be sections where everyone can stand, but there should absolutely be sections where people can sit and cheer and watch the game. Not everyone wants to stand the whole game. I CCNA be as loud sitting as I am not miserable after the first 10 minutes of the game.
I’ve seen it mentioned before, but I know there has been interest in the past for essentially a “swarm” section but unrelated to students. Basically have a section for the enthusiastic supporters to go and make a ruckus. Call it “the hive” or something and let them go bonkers.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen it mentioned before, but I know there has been interest in the past for essentially a “swarm” section but unrelated to students. Basically have a section for the enthusiastic supporters to go and make a ruckus. Call it “the hive” or something and let them go bonkers.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

1698881144478.png

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I've suggested before a supporters section of sorts. Essentially a student section for non-students where the expectation for the section(s) is to stand and yell all game.

I'll have to put it in one of the post game surveys. Haven't ever actually mentioned it to GTAA.
They could put it in the south end with the gold fellas!

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
If you only stand when we're on defense, you're standing for a total of maybe an hour? and even then you have breaks for all the stoppage of play for commercials, quarter breaks, timeouts, penalty reviews, etc.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you only stand when we're on defense, you're standing for a total of maybe an hour? and even then you have breaks for all the stoppage of play for commercials, quarter breaks, timeouts, penalty reviews, etc.
I'll stand on 3rd down on defense. Otherwise, sit and enjoy the game. Yell and hollar and root for them. Stand when we break through the line and are running to the endzone. There's a reason a good portion of our local fandom prefers to watch the game from home. There's a portion of our fanbase that thinks they should decide how others should watch the game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
After graduating at auburn, during a tenure of insane games including two home wins against #1 bama and #1 uga, I remember going to my first tech game in a long time thinking it would probably be a pitiful comparison in energy.
I don’t remember which tech game it was, but I was shocked to find it still pretty damn loud. Auburn is absolutely deafening. The student section is like standing next to an f-22. But I remember thinking BDS wasn’t that far behind with less than half of the average attendance.
I theorized that the metal stands reflect sound better than concrete ones, and that the stands lean over the field a little more.
Auburn is loud because football is king and they have 80,000 plus with an energized student body that gets into the game. Tech is loud because of the metal seats, the enclosed structure and the fans being so close to the field. Tech games at night seem to be louder for some reason. The loudest game I ever attended was when I was a little boy and my dad had a business trip to New Orleans and a client gave him two tickets to the Tech-LSU game so we made a detour to Baton Rouge. It was at night and a frenzied atmosphere. Dodd was nonplussed and Tech, as was usually the case then, was unflappable and took care of business disregarding the chicken bones, the beer cans and the alcoholic Cajun frenzy. It made a huge impression on me though. My dad was not that impressed as he fully expected Tech to win.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Was their QB named Streeter? If so, I was at that game. My wife pulled a plastic sheet over herself and looked at her feet the entire game. It was only surpassed in miserable games by the cold, rainy game in Athens around 1974 or maybe 75 but we won that one in the mud.
It was 1974 and the Jackets just wore them out running that damn bone. Adrian Rucker had the game of his life.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Florida has something like that for basketball. They call it the "Rowdy Reptiles". I went to a game years ago with a Florida buddy when they played Tennessee. When they announced Doug Dickey as the AD for Tennessee, the place exploded in boos and catcalls. It was loud to say the least.