Game 8 #UNCvsGT Postgame

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Neyland is where I grew up and no large Stadium is louder. The mutts stadium is pittifully quiet in comparison. Bobby Dodd when rocking is a damn close 2nd and one of the best "small" stadiums.
Makes me even sadder that we have fans who tell other fans to sit down and be quiet, rather than screaming as loud as they can on the other team's 3rd downs.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Makes me even sadder that we have fans who tell other fans to sit down and be quiet, rather than screaming as loud as they can on the other team's 3rd downs.
I was at the BC game and was quite frustrated at being told to sit down when I was trying to stand up and yell on every defensive down. Back when I was in band, it was frequently drilled into me that “There’s no sitting in football!”

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was at the BC game and was quite frustrated at being told to sit down when I was trying to stand up and yell on every defensive down. Back when I was in band, it was frequently drilled into me that “There’s no sitting in football!”

Can you fellas keep it down? I can barely hear my pearls crinklin' when I clutch them.

Very Funny Oops GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I loved standing the whole second half at the UNC game. It definitely felt like the crowd was hanging on every play Saturday night - made for a much more intense atmosphere.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Band taught us well. There were numerous times againse UNC that I was the only one yelling (as loud as I can) in my section it seemed like. I don't get how you can just idly watch the opposing offense run their plays without trying to affect them at all.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly don’t know any stadium that is louder than BDS with a good crowd that is really hyped.
After graduating at auburn, during a tenure of insane games including two home wins against #1 bama and #1 uga, I remember going to my first tech game in a long time thinking it would probably be a pitiful comparison in energy.
I don’t remember which tech game it was, but I was shocked to find it still pretty damn loud. Auburn is absolutely deafening. The student section is like standing next to an f-22. But I remember thinking BDS wasn’t that far behind with less than half of the average attendance.
I theorized that the metal stands reflect sound better than concrete ones, and that the stands lean over the field a little more.

slugboy

Staff member
As I’ve seen some relatives age, some of them can’t stand up much. If the crowd around them is standing, then they see butts instead of the game.
Likewise, they can’t hear the game if everyone around them is shouting
It’s not fair to the high energy fans to make them sit. It’s not fair to the fans who can’t stand to make them stand. We should find a way to sort fans by energy.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
As I’ve seen some relatives age, some of them can’t stand up much. If the crowd around them is standing, then they see butts instead of the game.
It’s not fair to the high energy fans to make them sit. It’s not fair to the fans who can’t stand to make them stand. We should find a way to sort fans by energy.

Part of that is seat choice. I don't get folks that have zero chance of standing up picking to sit in the center middle of a section.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I've suggested before a supporters section of sorts. Essentially a student section for non-students where the expectation for the section(s) is to stand and yell all game.

I'll have to put it in one of the post game surveys. Haven't ever actually mentioned it to GTAA.

slugboy

Staff member
Part of that is seat choice. I don't get folks that have zero chance of standing up picking to sit in the center middle of a section.
They can’t win. If they sit on the aisle, they’re standing up every few minutes to let someone out, plus it’s only the aisle seat that can lean over the steps to see.

They need a sitting section. Skyboxes offer that, but lots of older fans don’t have that option.

I've suggested before a supporters section of sorts. Essentially a student section for non-students where the expectation for the section(s) is to stand and yell all game.

I'll have to put it in one of the post game surveys. Haven't ever actually mentioned it to GTAA.

This would be a good start. Plus a “wear the right colors” requirement.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Yep. Happened just this past Saturday. Old man yelling at a 13 year old kid.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
They can’t win. If they sit on the aisle, they’re standing up every few minutes to let someone out, plus it’s only the aisle seat that can lean over the steps to see.

They need a sitting section. Skyboxes offer that, but lots of older fans don’t have that option.

This would be a good start. Plus a “wear the right colors” requirement.

I TOTALLY support the sitting sections. 100%.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
True story. My senior year we played UT in Knoxville and a friend and I went. TBH, Neyland Stadium back then was a dump! It just looked old and when you were inside it looked even older. Anyway, it rained all game and all those Vols fans all had on those tacky orange rain slickers but were totally silent all day because we beat the crap out of them that day. It was 24-0 late in the 4th and then their little water bug QB broke loose for about a 60-yard TD run and the place came unglued! One of the loudest noises I had ever heard to that time. Then they started stomping on those bleachers and the place started vibrating. I wondered about the harmonic and if it was going to be my last day alive.
Was their QB named Streeter? If so, I was at that game. My wife pulled a plastic sheet over herself and looked at her feet the entire game. It was only surpassed in miserable games by the cold, rainy game in Athens around 1974 or maybe 75 but we won that one in the mud.