• GT by 7-13

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 10 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
ND's defense is really good - our offense has been up and down. ND's offense has been very up and down - our defense has decent, but has some holes. They run the ball, we stop the run well. Their defense is pretty stingy - especially passing def. If we can establish the run, we have a chance. That should help to loosen up their pass D and allow for some shot plays.

That said, I'll guess GT eeks out a dub - 24-20

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to be wrong but ND has such a good defense and with Haynes King not at 100% and Pyron being a backup no matter who starts I think we lose.

We'll keep it close for 2-3 quarters but lose. 38-24 ND.

again... I HOPE WE PROVE ME WRONG!
I think it’ll be the other way around. I think ND takes an early lead, we play catch up, because that’s what we do. I think we win by a FG or something of that nature. Definitely less than 7, and definitely because of our fourth quarter hurry up offense. GT 27-24

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
ND won a lucky turnover battle against Louisville, but the Cards put 395 yards of offense up vs ND’s 280 (we had 410 yards against Louisville)

Judging how ND played Louisville vs how GT did, I think we have a better shot than common census. Limit mistakes and I think we can get them.

27-24 Ranked again Jackets.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
If Pyron plays significant minutes and leads us to win, we’ll have a full-blown quarterback controversy on our hands, but like the good kind that’s just a controversy among the fans because we have two good quarterbacks and isn’t an actual problem in the locker room. Also, if this somehow happens, I think Leo Blackburn will have played a more significant role. Can’t wait til toe meets leather Saturday!

Chipper

Georgia Tech Fan
Haynes King was faking the shoulder injury at UNC to throw them off the scent. Buster opens up the passing playbook with some deep shots. We get ahead early and don’t let off the gas. They make a late comeback but it’s not enough. Camera pans to someone in a “Rudy was offsides” T shirt.

GT 31
ND 26

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Of course, it depends also on how they play.
True. All their blowout wins were against teams that are hot garbage. A&M was a 10pt game and Louisville was a 7pt game, and NIU beat them by 2. They are not unbeatable, but they are talented. 24 is the most points they've allowed to date, and Louisville and A&M have pretty comparable offenses by OFEI. If they can make some mistakes it would certainly help us out.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Haynes King was faking the shoulder injury at UNC to throw them off the scent. Buster opens up the passing playbook with some deep shots. We get ahead early and don’t let off the gas. They make a late comeback but it’s not enough. Camera pans to someone in a “Rudy was offsides” T shirt.

GT 31
ND 26
That be some 6D chess.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Au contraire, when it comes to this defense...I have no faith. FIFY
As a long suffering GT fan, I understand pessimism. But thsis defense makes stops, is solid against the run and doesn't have the glaring mistakes that leave receivers wide open and uncovered. For the first time in 15 years, I don't have anxiety that our O has to score on every possesion or we lose serve. While still a work in progress, Key has made it such that I go into a game with a team like ND thinking it will not require an act of God for us to win. Not saying we will win (and may get boatraced) but there is nothing about the opposing team on Saturday (if you can get past the brand name) that makes me think we can't beat those guys. Key is restoring my faith!!

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
If Pyron plays significant minutes and leads us to win, we’ll have a full-blown quarterback controversy on our hands, but like the good kind that’s just a controversy among the fans because we have two good quarterbacks and isn’t an actual problem in the locker room.

This is good logic as a Pyron win would guarantee more bickering amongst us. And to your point, this level of bickering is healthy. In fact, the last time we were all truly united was to ward off an existential crisis and those were not good times!