• GT by 7-13

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 41 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
UNC's offense has scored 19, 20, and 17 points against P4 opponents. Their strength is running the ball, which is also our defensive strength. They have a backup QB starting who is meh, and I expect we will stuff the run and force him to throw. With coverage from the secondary like we had against Duke, I expect he will make mistakes and throw a pick.

Final score around 34-20 Tech

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This game is of utmost concern bc I think we all want it so bad but I always pick us in these things so here goes...GT 34 UNC 27. I expect a tough game despite the fact that they no longer have NFL type talent at the QB spot. Even though we have owned them since ??? and they still have Mack Brown plus the Minister on their sideline this is one game that scares the bejeesus out of me. Maybe bc of my age and the recollection of when winnning there (or at UVA) seemed like an insurmountable obstacle.

If we lose (God forbid) I do think however some of the postings here and especially on other GT boards that perhaps are a bit more unrestrained in terms of guidelines and moderation will be of historically epic proportions and not to be missed. I don't even have the words to describe what our own chat would be like.

We need this game for the mental health of the GT fanbase.

Around this area duke and the tar holes are viewed more like the pretentious *******s of NC pretty much no one is a sidewalk fan. NCstate is far more broad appeal
Since you live in North Carolina, I will tell you about when I lived and worked in Banner Elk during the mid 1980s. I was traveling across state on I 40 one day and saw a bumper sticker with this little gem:

"Duke is puke
Wake is fake
But the team I hate
is NC State" accompanied by the little blue and white "tar heel symbol"

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Since you live in North Carolina, I will tell you about when I lived and worked in Banner Elk during the mid 1980s. I was traveling across state on I 40 one day and saw a bumper sticker with this little gem:

"Duke is puke
Wake is fake
But the team I hate
is NC State" accompanied by the little blue and white "tar heel symbol"

Lol

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
UNC 27
GT 24
I predicted us to lose last week and we won, trust the process
Makes sense. I was tempted to pick UNC because of Hampton and getting that defensive player back last week and the fact that it is in Chapel Hill. BUT this characterizes UNC this year more than anything. Score 7-3 Tar Heels ahead due to a pick six against Pitt. UNC marches the length of the field on a 19 play drive that just went on seemingly forever from the middle or thereabouts of the first quarter. After all that, UNC is facing a 4th down 2 yards to go and tries a low percentage pass to a player out in the flats that falls incomplete. On the very next play Pitt completes a crossing pattern pass that goes the length of the field that UNC had just painfully driven down and the Panthers were on the Carolina 2 yard line in just one play. The Carolina fans on the Tar Pit site are understandably not happy campers but some of them are picking the Heels. After starting 3-0 Carolina is now 3-3 reeling from 3 straight losses. I have no idea how this will turn out but I picked Tech as the sounder team but we will see.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Hampton is REALLY good. We haven't faced a team that can run the ball the way UNC can. I believe Jackson Caudell was the one who had a stat that we haven't faced a top 100 rushing attack team yet (or something along those lines). While our rushing defense has looked good, we haven't faced any good rushing teams - the reality will come out on Saturday.

I do think we'll sell out to stop the run and force their QB to beat us. That part scares me a bit because we tend to make opposing QB's look really good...

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
My UNC coworkers say 75% chance of GT victory but they think they keep it within 10 because it’s at noon and on the cw with no pressure on their team to fold under.

They are interestingly more disappointed in their OLine and WRs than with the defense. Said we should dominate the LOS

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Send Lets Go GIF by Pudgy Penguins

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I picked us by less than 7. UNC has a lot to play for. They have lost 3 in a row this season and 3 in a row to us. I think they will be fired up to reverse that trend. It is really important to not let them jump to a lead and regain their confidence.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
My UNC coworkers say 75% chance of GT victory but they think they keep it within 10 because it’s at noon and on the cw with no pressure on their team to fold under.

They are interestingly more disappointed in their OLine and WRs than with the defense. Said we should dominate the LOS
They are right about the offensive line. In the two games I watched, Duke and Pitt, pressure on Chriswell was pretty much constant. Once they stopped Hampton and in the case of Pitt did not throw anymore pick six touchdowns they took control of the game in the second half. The weakest parts of the UNC team is the offensive line and open field tackling by defensive backs which has been sloppy all year. That said, this is a dangerous team at 3-3 having lost three games in a row with fans ripping them right and left. This is it for UNC win and salvage the season, lose and its time for basketball practice.