• GT by 7-13

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • GT by 14+

Votes: 41 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I picked the Jackets by 7-13. In my mind, it will be one of those Georgia Tech games where we should win by 20, but will squeak by late in the 4th quarter. In my heart, we win by 50, score 70+ and you know who gets another buyout on Monday. :gt::buzz:;)

Chipper

Georgia Tech Fan
Hoping for: a comfortable win 31-14 where we control the clock, give our D rest, and keep their offense off the field.

Bracing for: a slow start where I yell “hOw bOuT aNoThEr ScReEn?!” at my TV the first half, then we get our act together and come from behind to win 42-39

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't predict this one if my life depended on it. The best way is to look at the results against Puke. The so-so Puke O won against the Holes at the last minute after a sparkling D performance in the last half. We whipped Puke after letting them get ahead ("You live by the blitz and you die by the blitz" - Jerry Glanville), then Tech came back and took the game away with 14 unanswered points.

In both instances, when you look at talent alone, Puke came up on the short end. But we won and the Holes didn't. That's the only reason I think we'll whip them. They have the best RB in the conference and we'll have to play run D like we did against Puke. If we do, we win. But I think it'll be close.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
My head says we pull away in the second half but Hampton has a few break aways off a RB crosser and a bad run fit in the first half. We come out after half and geoff will have no answer for a read option triple play that we run resulting in boyd having a long TD. We then proceed to run that play to death as he never adjusts and thats the game.

My heart says

I want us to win 40-4 with the first 2 being some weird sort of weirdness on a extra point (fumbled snap strange bounce thing) and the last one being an intentional kneel down in the endzone after we stop them on the goal line to keep them from scoring a garbage time TD. Because the symbolism would be glories as Collins could only muster a safety against temple.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This game is of utmost concern bc I think we all want it so bad but I always pick us in these things so here goes...GT 34 UNC 27. I expect a tough game despite the fact that they no longer have NFL type talent at the QB spot. Even though we have owned them since ??? and they still have Mack Brown plus the Minister on their sideline this is one game that scares the bejeesus out of me. Maybe bc of my age and the recollection of when winnning there (or at UVA) seemed like an insurmountable obstacle.

If we lose (God forbid) I do think however some of the postings here and especially on other GT boards that perhaps are a bit more unrestrained in terms of guidelines and moderation will be of historically epic proportions and not to be missed. I don't even have the words to describe what our own chat would be like.

We need this game for the mental health of the GT fanbase.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This game is of utmost concern bc I think we all want it so bad but I always pick us in these things so here goes...GT 34 UNC 27. I expect a tough game despite the fact that they no longer have NFL type talent at the QB spot. Even though we have owned them since ??? and they still have Mack Brown plus the Minister on their sideline this is one game that scares the bejeesus out of me. Maybe bc of my age and the recollection of when winnning there (or at UVA) seemed like an insurmountable obstacle.

If we lose (God forbid) I do think however some of the postings here and especially on other GT boards that perhaps are a bit more unrestrained in terms of guidelines and moderation will be of historically epic proportions and not to be missed. I don't even have the words to describe what our own chat would be like.

We need this game for the mental health of the GT fanbase.
I’m nervous as a cat with a sore tail in a room full of rockers over this one.

UNC is too poorly coached to win consistently but they’ve got more than enough to talent to put together their best game of the year some time this season. Hope we don’t draw the short straw for the season on this one.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
North Carolina vs North Avenue Trade School
Woody Durham vs Wes Durham
Michael Jordan vs Jordan Mason

How much 'mayhem' are you expecting?

Poll included.
I was really tempted to pick UNC in an upset but I just don't think they are that good. The quarterback is pretty decent, they have one of the best running backs in the ACC, pretty good receivers but the defense is just wobbly. This is a team that shows every sign of getting ready to pack it in on a coach on his way out the door. Just pathetic. Tech by a touchdown but this could get out of hand if Carolina throws in the towel again.

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Scooter will have GT fans harassing him on the sideline loud and clear after UNC’s 8k fans shuffle out before halftime

41-17 Elite Dynamic High Level Jackets
You know its funny, may have changed in more recent years, but it seems to me that of the four Tobacco Road football teams, N.C. State always SEEMED to bring more fans than UNC, Duke, or Wake. Not at all surprising given that Wake and Duke are private with smaller fan bases but you would think UNC would bring hordes of fans to Grant Field like Clemson always does. Doesn't seem to be the case.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You know its funny, may have changed in more recent years, but it seems to me that of the four Tobacco Road football teams, N.C. State always SEEMED to bring more fans than UNC, Duke, or Wake. Not at all surprising given that Wake and Duke are private with smaller fan bases but you would think UNC would bring hordes of fans to Grant Field like Clemson always does. Doesn't seem to be the case.
Around this area duke and the tar holes are viewed more like the pretentious *******s of NC pretty much no one is a sidewalk fan. NCstate is far more broad appeal