• Louisville by 7-13

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • Louisville by 14+

Votes: 27 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Given GT and their tendency to surprise....since so many nationally are expecting Louisville to win, I think GT will win. I think it will be close....say 27-23. And, no, we don't make any field goals (and we miss an extra point).

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just want to see a relatively mistake free game from the good guys. If we have less than 40 yards in penalties and 1 or fewer turnovers, I will consider any result an improvement. I believe our offense will have yards again, and I hope we can finish drives. If we can somehow win, that is a bonus.

Last edited:
I'll go with our offense making a statement in this one setting a new team 2020 scoring record and winning 23-20. We will nail a 29 yard field goal, miss an extra point, and there is no way we sniff 30 points in this one.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Just want to see a relatively mistake free game from the good guys. If we have less than 40 yards in penalties and 1 or fewer turnovers, I will consider any result an improvement. I believe our offense will have yards again, and I hope we can finish drives. If we can somehow win, that is a bonus.
If we have less than 40 yards of penalties and only 1 turnover I bet we end up with 35+ points in this game and a for sure win. Our last two losses were because of self inflicted mistakes, penalties and turnovers, take those away and we are undefeated.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I predict that penalties will get better over the course of the year due to reps and experience, based on the extenuating circumstances of this offseason and a full year of precedent that suggests it's not an issue.

I predict we will not figure out the FG kicking situation until a new kicker steps up, which may not be this year barring a mental miracle.

I predict that some fans will lump FG kicking issues into a referendum against our offense's inability to score, and CDP will remain a punching bag until he figures out the damn FG kicking issues.

I predict, if the game remains close, that our offense will continue to face undue pressure to score 7 on each drive.

I predict CDP will call at least one "interception play" or the "fumble play" tomorrow night, because according to some that only happens as a function of coaching by our HC, OC and RB coach.

I predict we will continue to demonstrate a strong preference for running the ball, and some will claim we didn't run enough.

I predict there will be offensive plays that do not work, and some will be able to retrospectively explain why they knew that play wouldn't work.

I predict some will call the offensive playcalling predictable in gameday chat, without having predicted a single playcall in advance.

I predict some will call "ballgame" during the 1st half in gameday chat, then remain in chat despite knowing it was "game over".

I predict that fans will overreact, win or lose.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I will own it. If I’m right, I am a genius. If I’m wrong, my error will be washed away by some other hijacked thread.
Love it. I have us winning by less than 7, but my heart hates my brain for that pick. If we play clean ball I think we can hang with anyone (outside of Clemson) on the schedule. So I really hope we took full advantage of the two weeks and show up and ball out.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
10 people picked GT +14 in the poll, but nobody picked a score even close to that.

I PICKED US TO BEAT CUSE BY 14, THAT WAS AWFUL DECISION. I PICK TECH 28-24. HOPEFUL FOR SOME PLAYERS ON DEFENSE TO RETURN.
Should of stuck with your poll selection.

So the winner is:
I predict that penalties will get better over the course of the year due to reps and experience, based on the extenuating circumstances of this offseason and a full year of precedent that suggests it's not an issue.

I predict we will not figure out the FG kicking situation until a new kicker steps up, which may not be this year barring a mental miracle.

I predict that some fans will lump FG kicking issues into a referendum against our offense's inability to score, and CDP will remain a punching bag until he figures out the damn FG kicking issues.

I predict, if the game remains close, that our offense will continue to face undue pressure to score 7 on each drive.

I predict CDP will call at least one "interception play" or the "fumble play" tomorrow night, because according to some that only happens as a function of coaching by our HC, OC and RB coach.

I predict we will continue to demonstrate a strong preference for running the ball, and some will claim we didn't run enough.

I predict there will be offensive plays that do not work, and some will be able to retrospectively explain why they knew that play wouldn't work.

I predict some will call the offensive playcalling predictable in gameday chat, without having predicted a single playcall in advance.

I predict some will call "ballgame" during the 1st half in gameday chat, then remain in chat despite knowing it was "game over".

I predict that fans will overreact, win or lose.