• Louisville by 7-13

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • Louisville by 14+

Votes: 27 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I have Louisville winning a close one. 31-28. We miss a FG earlier in the game that would of had us tie the game with a late 4th Quarter TD.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
IF we used the bye to clean up the countless mistakes we’ve been making (penalties, not being lined up on defense, field goals) AND we aren’t as unlucky as we have been (tipped passes at LOS going straight up, COVID contact tracing taking out entire starting groups, officiating missing blatant calls) we will win.

I still maintain that we have beaten ourselves in both of the losses. Even with tons of missing personnel we have been averaging 450 ypg on offense and have kept the game close until the fourth quarter where it seems the wheels fall off. If we can finish drives and finish the game, we will be fine. Otherwise we might lose by 14+

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I hope we have sorted out some of our procedural pieces and that Sims sitting two weeks ago sent a message about competitor being the key aspect of competition is king.

I’ve got us winning 28-21. I don’t think we go anywhere near a FG attempt.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
This is an interesting game for sure. I believe both teams are trying to establish themselves. We each have talent but also have holes. Louisville certainly has shown more signs of being dangerous and generating expectations. They have been playing with more awareness the last couple years that they ought to be competitive.

But one isn't clearly better than the other. I think one team will be able to make big strides this game and be much better put together the rest of the season. I think this one will be very hard fought with some unexpected flourishes sprinkled in.

Deleted member 2897

Only Tampa and I had Syracuse by > 14 last week. Who is joining us this week? 😃. I’m picking Louisville by 14 with a final score GT 33, Louisville 26, because I’m stupid like that.

Jmonty71

Banned
To quote Han Solo. I got a bad feeling about this.... L-ville 33-17. We just have too many missing pieces and are making too many mistakes. Sims need to learn how to find passing lanes, within the line. The O-line needs to learn how to create them. The D needs to step up. They seemed to have went backwards, since the FSU game.

agjacket2017

Georgia Tech Fan
I PICKED US TO BEAT CUSE BY 14, THAT WAS AWFUL DECISION. I PICK TECH 28-24. HOPEFUL FOR SOME PLAYERS ON DEFENSE TO RETURN.

Deleted member 2897

We shock everyone and win by 10 because we are due to have some weirdness work in our favor.

This does happen seemingly every year. We beat Miami last year on the road despite having only 1 offensive score in regulation. We nearly beat the Coastal Champions on the road. In 2018 after starting 1-3 and everybody thought the world was ending, we won 6 of 7, including @Louisville, @Virginia Tech, and @UNC - a period of 6 wins where we averaged 45 points a game. And so on.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm predicting a surprise win for us. I am thinking 31-28 GT.

I also predict we see Graham playing as QB, whether he is starting or comes in if Sims is still flustered I can't say, I just think we will see him.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
It has been interesting to hear the players in this week press availability. They all were talking about this game as though it was a season reset, saying things like "I think this year you'll see a change in our D", or "I think this season we are going to be sharper on O" and the sort. I suspect that echoes what the coaches are telling them.

I hope we see a corner turned and a new sense of urgency on both sides of the ball. The players have been talking about additional accountability (which I think will help cut down the stupid penalties with lining up and preparing to play the snap ahead of us).