• Louisville by 7-13

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • Louisville by 14+

Votes: 27 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
It has been interesting to hear the players in this week press availability. They all were talking about this game as though it was a season reset, saying things like "I think this year you'll see a change in our D", or "I think this season we are going to be sharper on O" and the sort. I suspect that echoes what the coaches are telling them.

I hope we see a corner turned and a new sense of urgency on both sides of the ball. The players have been talking about additional accountability (which I think will help cut down the stupid penalties with lining up and preparing to play the snap ahead of us).
I really hope we see a few more bodies on the defensive line this week than we have previous weeks due to injuries/covid. Feel like some of the excitement from the players is stemming from a healthy depth chart.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to believe that the sloppiness and mistakes are a product of a weird offseason, inexperience, and missing key players; that a week off to fix the problems and learn from mistakes, getting some guys back will lead to this team playing up to it's potential. Based on yardage, we're a middle-of-the-ACC team, but ST, turnovers and penalties are killing us. Fix that, we might be pretty good...

But, I learned a long time ago- when someone shows you who you are you should believe them. I predict 3+ turnovers, 10+ penalties, 2+ missed kicks. Score: Ugly.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
but ST, turnovers and penalties are killing us. Fix that, we might be pretty good...

But, I learned a long time ago- when someone shows you who you are you should believe them. I predict 3+ turnovers, 10+ penalties, 2+ missed kicks. Score: Ugly.
I know this is kind of common sense, but if you take away one of those (ST, turnovers, or penalties) then I think we are undefeated. If we get rid of all of those and really clean up our game I think we could win the rest of games with the exception of Clemson and maybe Miami/ND.

Having said that, I am expecting 2+ turnovers against Louisville.... then again their defense is awful so maybe not.

Deleted member 2897

I want to believe that the sloppiness and mistakes are a product of a weird offseason, inexperience, and missing key players; that a week off to fix the problems and learn from mistakes, getting some guys back will lead to this team playing up to it's potential. Based on yardage, we're a middle-of-the-ACC team, but ST, turnovers and penalties are killing us. Fix that, we might be pretty good...

Based on yardage, we are 4th out of 15 in the ACC.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
It has been interesting to hear the players in this week press availability. They all were talking about this game as though it was a season reset, saying things like "I think this year you'll see a change in our D", or "I think this season we are going to be sharper on O" and the sort. I suspect that echoes what the coaches are telling them.

I hope we see a corner turned and a new sense of urgency on both sides of the ball. The players have been talking about additional accountability (which I think will help cut down the stupid penalties with lining up and preparing to play the snap ahead of us).
I really hope you are right, but talk is cheap, and I am getting very tired of hearing " If we can clean up our mistakes". If we don't this week - and I don't think we will - we will be in for a long season. I need to see it in a game before I will believe it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Time to lock in your votes for Friday's tilt against the Cards. Poll included.

I am going to go with a very shaky Cardinal win that covers the spread. After looking at their games against Miami and Pitt, I think they will be able to get more pressure on Sims than we will on their quarterback. It may not matter but their placekicker is a lot better than what we have seen. I firmly believe that we must run the football to win but I have my doubts that we will do that.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I know this is kind of common sense, but if you take away one of those (ST, turnovers, or penalties) then I think we are undefeated. If we get rid of all of those and really clean up our game I think we could win the rest of games with the exception of Clemson and maybe Miami/ND.

Having said that, I am expecting 2+ turnovers against Louisville.... then again their defense is awful so maybe not.

Their defense is awful in the sense of guys running free in the Miami game but they played better against Pitt and were able to shut Pitt down getting pressure on the quarterback. Their open field tackling leaves a lot to be desired.

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Their defense is awful in the sense of guys running free in the Miami game
I am going to go with a very shaky Cardinal win that covers the spread. After looking at their games against Miami and Pitt, I think they will be able to get more pressure on Sims than we will on their quarterback. It may not matter but their placekicker is a lot better than what we have seen. I firmly believe that we must run the football to win but I have my doubts that we will do that.
I think the key to beating Louisville will be running the ball and having Sims dump the ball off to our RBs.

If we run wheel routes with our RBs they will be wide open, Miami was killing Louisville with this play, and I think this type of play really plays to Sims strengths. Not to mention how our RBs are beasts.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Well, I was spot-on last week, (not) predicting the (null) score of the game (we didn’t play) against our (non-existent) opponent. So, I’m going on record as predicting that I will again be accurate in this week’s (non) prediction: That I will not get anything wrong this week, either.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think the key to beating Louisville will be running the ball and having Sims dump the ball off to our RBs.

If we run wheel routes with our RBs they will be wide open, Miami was killing Louisville with this play, and I think this type of play really plays to Sims strengths. Not to mention how our RBs are beasts.
The more the running backs have the ball and the less Sims has to make decisions under duress the better off we will be. Run the damn ball and pass when we WANT to pass not when we HAVE to pass.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This is the first game of the season we win every tale of the tape measurement comparison across positions. Maybe that means something?

Club1010 ya heard.
It might...or it might not. Cunningham is a good quarterback, the Cards have a pair of good running backs and some good receivers. What they don't have is an offensive line that will make anyone forget the "Great Wall of Florida".

Scubapro

Banned
Only Tampa and I had Syracuse by > 14 last week. Who is joining us this week? 😃. I’m picking Louisville by 14 with a final score GT 33, Louisville 26, because I’m stupid like that

This will be a key to indicate if Patenaude is actually watching film and putting together a game plan. If it showed as a weakness against a previous adversary then we will need several plays to take advantage of it.